Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

Silenced Fred

First off, Dub is an amazing guy and I definitely need to buy him a beer sometime.

I got a SHO clone kit to build, but my mom threw away my soldering iron or just can't find it, so instead of buying a new one, I sent dub an email and said "help a bro out because I suck" and he did.

e0ab3a72.jpg

624ddc56.jpg

It's a standard SHO. I wanted to call it the tremoboner because it had some funky things going on with it, but Dub troubleshooted it all and its amazing. I'll record a clip later or something, seriously, everyone should get a good boost pedal. It can get downright insane all the way up

Sweet! I just built a Super Duper double SHO. Its probably my most used pedal

I got a populated madbean super duper board in a parts lot I ordered from ilf. I haven't gotten it in yet but I'm psyched to wire it up.

When I had Fred's SHO naturally I had to try turning his clone and my SHO all the way up. It sounded really blown out like my amp was just melting down. It was pretty sweet.

But yeah the SHO is really useful. I love the extra clarity and chime. And it's awesome running into fuzzes.

I got a populated madbean super duper board in a parts lot I ordered from ilf. I haven't gotten it in yet but I'm psyched to wire it up.

When I had Fred's SHO naturally I had to try turning his clone and my SHO all the way up. It sounded really blown out like my amp was just melting down. It was pretty sweet.

But yeah the SHO is really useful. I love the extra clarity and chime. And it's awesome running into fuzzes.

Yeah the awesome thing is the Super Duper has a master volume. So you can crank booth sides and get some gnarly fuzziness without the neighbors calling the 5-0

Impossible Germany, unlikely Japan...

That pedal sounds killer. Now I want one.

haha despite how much I ****ed up the riff, you still knew what song it was? [biggrin]

I'm running on 3 hours of sleep for the past 2 days.

Man, you gotta get one, it pushes the amp so hard if you want. Dub put a knob on that only goes up to 9, just think if I put a knob on that went up to 11!

I'm running on 3 hours of sleep for the past 2 days.

You are young. Sleep when you're dead. When I was your age I averaged five hrs a night. Afternoon power naps are the way to go.

Man, you gotta get one, it pushes the amp so hard if you want. Dub put a knob on that only goes up to 9, just think if I put a knob on that went up to 11!

I used to think what a grotesque name for a pedal. Then I realized the name means really hard on your amp's tubes. Sometimes I am so jr. high.

And, yes, knobs that go to 11 are the best.

You are young. Sleep when you're dead. When I was your age I averaged five hrs a night. Afternoon power naps are the way to go.

I used to think what a grotesque name for a pedal. Then I realized the name means really hard on your amp's tubes. Sometimes I am so jr. high.

And, yes, knobs that go to 11 are the best.

I can't nap, along with my many other issues, that's one of em and it sucks. I'm gonna try today though after writing my paper, I'm going to get like no sleep this weekend.

I didn't even know you could find knobs that go up to 9

lol if I remember correctly that knob only went up to about eight and a half. It's labelled up to 9 but it turns to like 8 1/2 haha. I just like the way the numbers look..

But yeah dude.. Great circuit. I love those things. Can't wait to try the super duper for some crunchy OD toanz.

lol if I remember correctly that knob only went up to about eight and a half. It's labelled up to 9 but it turns to like 8 1/2 haha. I just like the way the numbers look..

But yeah dude.. Great circuit. I love those things. Can't wait to try the super duper for some crunchy OD toanz.

hahaha yeah, but the numbers only go to 9 which is weird

I want like 10 more now hahaha

For a while I wanted one at the beginning and end of my chain but then I just turned everything up louder haha. Not quite the same effect, but less **** to step on.

I'll probably sell that super duper after I build it. If you want it then you can haz

possibly lol be sure to hit me up if you do sell it

because dub is so awesome and this pedal truly does rock, I thought to myself "what in god's green earth would happen if I ran the SHO... INTO A MUTHAFUKKIN DWARFCRAFT BABY THUNDAAAA?"

So in my slightly inebriated stupor and attempt to avoid writing another paper, I decided, w"what's the worst that could happen?"

So, the worst thing that happened was I recorded this shitty demo, but its fun. Just for Jeff, I butchered up Lazy Eye, the first time I play it I just go amp then fuzz, second time through the riff and solo I play with the SHO then fuzz for the solo. Whenever there is a boost after that, if it isn't insane fuzz, its the SHO.

A boost pushing a fuzz pedal is insane. Quite honestly, it makes my brain poop itself. But a good poop. I love you all

also, it was recorded on my phone, sooooooooo the qual sucks, but you aren't paying for it soooo shhhhhhh... be quiet

My link

Archived