Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

lagerfanny

It's a BOSS. BOSS pedals suck..............................sell it and buy a real overdrive..................................

No, modded boss pedals are very good. They can even reach tons you can only get out of a botique overdrive...

It's a BOSS. BOSS pedals suck..............................sell it and buy a real overdrive..................................

C'mon man. Be nice.

For example, I feel like the EHX NYC Muff kinda sucks balls but I wouldn't say that when you're all excited about getting one..

Hope your new pedal sees some sweet action lagerfanny

Says the dude who plays Line 6 amps

Hmm................obviously you don't know me. I own a Line 6 amp that is currently up for sale. However, I play through a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212. Line 6 = worthless junk that I thought was cool when I was 12.

Take it easy man! Boss ain't bad. They make great tuners and delays. And while the modern DS-1 sucks ***, the original MIJ model was the choice for Vai, Satriani, Navarro, Jake E Lee, and pretty much every other rock/metal axeman of the 80s. The DS-2 is alright. If it wasn't great then why would Frusciante use it for his main distortion? The SD-1 is one of the best IMHO. Especially the MIJ ones. I know, you think it sucks. Tell that to Zakk Wylde, Bruce Kulick, and Marty Friedman. Its also the best booster for a Marshall JCM 800 besides a TS-808. The CE-1 is the KING O' CHORUS AND VIBRATO! The CE-2 is nice n' subtle, and also has great slow Leslie sounds in it ( Badge, anyone? ). Their early flangers and phasers were pretty good, too. Also, Fuzzy Fred is right. MAN UP AND GET AN OLD AMPEG V4 OR V7. Those things will knock your socks off. And you don't know loud until you've plugged into an 800. Also there was a time when Boss was the only way to go unless you wanted to go rackmount.

Fender sucks. man the **** up and buy a divided by 13.

Totally Agree on Fender Amps blowing goats,

But If I Was Gonna blow a chunk of Cash Like that on an Amp.....

Oh wait I did and got a MARSHALL....

msp_flapper.gifmsp_flapper.gifmsp_flapper.gif

As for Boss, I have had numerous Pedals by them, The only one I have kept on my board is my tuner, good budget pedals, I have an un-modded BD-2, it works in a pinch, But Defiantly not a "Go To" Company for me anymore.

Fender sucks. man the **** up and buy a divided by 13.

That is about the same as saying "Blues sucks." While not everyone likes blues music it is hard to deny that rock-n-roll has it's roots in the blues.

In other words, if it were not for Fender amps Marshall amps may have never come about. If Marshall amps were never developed then possibly Mesa and others would not have come about. I would say that almost all modern amps have roots that can be traced back to Fender.

You don't have to like Fender amps but can we show some respect for them?

That is about the same as saying "Blues sucks." While not everyone likes blues music it is hard to deny that rock-n-roll has it's roots in the blues.

In other words, if it were not for Fender amps Marshall amps may have never come about. If Marshall amps were never developed then possibly Mesa and others would not have come about. I would say that almost all modern amps have roots that can be traced back to Fender.

You don't have to like Fender amps but can we show some respect for them?

my comment was tongue in cheek. I have a Fender reissued Sunn amp and love it. I was still slightly drunk when I came back last night from Denver and was also slightly irritated that somebody would post such a stupid comment ie, boss sucks, buy a real pedal to someone who just purchased it

Nice! Have some fun with 'er [thumbup]

And Tman, what gives? 'taint cool to rain on someone's parade like that, just because you feel so strongly about it. Might need to cool off/think a bit before you go shooting off comments like that...

Archived