Gibson Brands Forums

did i offend someone? If so, sorry to whoever you are.

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsburger

I noticed the thread about US green cards got pulled. I made a British empire joke in it. I'm sorry if that offended someone. No offence intended.

Guest Farnsburger

No worries.... It's just that those threads turn in to a fire-storm around these parts [biggrin]

Yeah, there's a wide spectrum of people on here, I shouldn't have posted it, not everyone would see the funny side. Of course I don't really think like that.

If someone was offended or complained, at least they can read my apology. If it was a preemtive strike then no one's sensibilities have been hurt.

Once again, sorry. :)

I noticed the thread about US green cards got pulled. I made a British empire joke in it. I'm sorry if that offended someone. No offence intended.

Sir, you offended me and my family and I had to report you and your thread.

Just kidding [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper]

Never had a chance to see the thread myself, but I guess there again, we're sometimes on a fine line when it comes to humor and who might be offended.

For example, my first response at seeing the fire photo is that some friends a couple weeks ago just barely got out of the way of a pretty big prairie fire while trying at least to direct it, if not get it to burn itself out. Yeah, they're rural volunteer firefighters.

Even though I am pretty thick skinned on types of humor, my first response to the pix was negative with it just being there. The smell of burned people isn't particularly nice, either, and a visual can call that up on occasion. Then I realized very rapidly that I'd just experienced the bit about projecting one's personal and quite limited experience onto something others don't necessarily share.

But ... I agree with Duane that we don't wanna get into heavy politics and nastiness toward anyone on the forum here - although they're awfully free with letting folks say nasty things about Gibson the company and HenryJ the chief.

On the other hand... I'd also hope that we all realize that without us sitting together with guitars and a cup of tea or coffee or ... whatever ... it's easy to take a joke the wrong way.

Also we share a love of guitar playing and/or a desire to do better with our gear, talent and skills regardless whence we come and regardless our politics. So... it's likely best to focus on that.

Even guitar jokes can get you in a bit of hot water on occasion.

I actually had several ladies take objection to my "Why is a guitar like a girl? The shape is wonderful, but there are strings attached." Needless to say I've even gotten a frown from the "Girls are like guitars. They're either sharp or flat."

So I've very cautions about G string jokes. <grin>

m

so what if you offend someone, what do you think they are going to eat you. if they do give them the special place to try first. just a lick....you know to see if they like how you taste. i told my boss that once maybe thats why i don't work there anymore. see there's nothing they can do.

Archived