Gibson Brands Forums

Rich Williams from Kansas- What Gibson is this?

swamprock

From 1974's Rock Concert, what is the Gibson that Rich Williams is playing here? I can't read what is on the truss rod cover, and I've never seen this model before. I can provide more pictures if this one isn't clear enough.

richwilliams.jpg

Whatever it is, it's badass and I want one :)

From 1974's Rock Concert, what is the Gibson that Rich Williams is playing here? I can't read what is on the truss rod cover, and I've never seen this model before. I can provide more pictures if this one isn't clear enough.

richwilliams.jpg

Whatever it is, it's badass and I want one :)

Screw the guitar! I gotta get me some Bibs! msp_thumbup.gif

Yeah when I was an early teen it was Levi Button Flys, "Colorado" Brand Hiking boots, Nam Jungle boots or "desert Chaka boots" Levi Jean Jackets or Army FIeld jackets and concert Jersey of choice... msp_biggrin.gif

I was supprised to see a nice used L-6S at the local pawn shop near me for $749.00.It needs a good cleaning especially on the fretboard,it looks like it has never been cleaned,just stained dirty.It does sound good though all the settings on the 6 position chickenhead switch work.If I had all the cash right now I would give her a serious test drive and I could probably get it for $700.00 that's not bad seeing the new ones I see at MF are $1699.00

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-limited-run-l6-s-electric-guitar/h71162000001000

I remember Santana used one for a while also.

LOL...boy, does that bring back memories..."bibs" were the rage, in the early

'70's, around here. (Kansas, the state...not just the band.) [thumbup][biggrin] ....

What was it with workman pants? . Around here at some point it went from bibs to painter's pants. And then sometime after that Dickies.

I never liked the "pajama pants" craze - like Skidz, Zubaz, etc.

mc+hammer+pants.jpg

What was it with workman pants? . Around here at some point it went from bibs to painter's pants. And then sometime after that Dickies.

mc+hammer+pants.jpg

Ouch! My Eyes! ........msp_scared.gif

Answered my own question... the L6S. I still want one... :)

Anyone have one? What do you think? My "big purchase" is coming up soon, and I'm weighing a few models. This only adds to the myriad of Gibson choices I have now...

I played one for many years....Probably my favorite Gibson ever......The original' 6 way switch did phase, series, type stuff ( can't find my notes ).....

The pickups were Bill Lawerance ceramics.......The re-issue switch does coil splitting, and the PUs aren't the same.......But still................

There were three models of the LS6 as well.......Used one's are priced all over the map........

mc+hammer+pants.jpg

It seems I missed out on so much by being born in the 90's [crying]

Archived