Gibson Brands Forums

never been a fan of epiphones...

S t e v e

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a godawful pic, man. I wouldnt like that model either if that is how they looked. The Royale series is actually very nice. The LP is the only solid body guitar in the line and kind of sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest.

ltdroyalelespaulfront.jpg

300px-Epi-royale.jpg

Pete,

All guitar companies put out some ugly models. Epiphone and Gibson are certainly no exception. Its funny how we get used to looking at a certain brand and all of the sudden other brands tend to look weird comparatively.

I'm so used to looking at Epiphones lately, that sometimes the Gibson version of the same model will look strange or odd to me. Not for better or worse, just different. Our eyes acclimate to what we see most often, making slight differences, especially in another brand, look unappealing.

I love my Epi's!

i've never been a fan, i don't dislike them as much as it come across...but i don't like this particular model. just expressing my opinion of the said guitar, just as people have said they dislike my "wankcaster"...just an opinion guys, be cool B)

i've never been a fan, i don't dislike them as much as it come across...but i don't like this particular model. just expressing my opinion of the said guitar, just as people have said they dislike my "wankcaster"...just an opinion guys, be cool B)

Pearl white with gold trim EVERYWHERE certainly isnt for everyone. I think these models have a certain elegance to them, but I dont like them enough to own one. As nice as they are, they are not really my flavor.

I'm cool bro! You can dislike whatevas you want!

What's a wankcaster?

Pete,

All guitar companies put out some ugly models. Epiphone and Gibson are certainly no exception. Its funny how we get used to looking at a certain brand and all of the sudden other brands tend to look weird comparatively.

I'm so used to looking at Epiphones lately, that sometimes the Gibson version of the same model will look strange or odd to me. Not for better or worse, just different. Our eyes acclimate to what we see most often, making slight differences, especially in another brand, look unappealing.

Ain't it the truth...I'm so used to seeing the Epiphone (Version) of the "Nighthawk Custom," that

any Gibson version I see, looks "odd," now. LOL And, that Epi Nighthawk is a great little guitar,

as well! At as "Steal" of a price! Our other guitar player has one (he also owns a vintage '68 Gibson

Les Paul Custom), among other's, and his Nighthawk gets the lion's share of playing, these days!

So, to each his/her own, but I think Epi makes some great guitars!

CB

Archived