Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Storage

retrosurfer1959

Wife and I are downsizing the primary home in Arizona since we are gonna split our time between several home during the year, Guitar storage was becoming a real concern as there just wasn't much room so I had a closet company come out and build a bedroom/den closet out to store nothing but guitars out of heavy 1 1/4 inch shelves and slip in removable bars to hold the guitars in place. Looks great and it will hold 46 guitars in this closet there easy to see and get too and completely out of the way. Wish I would have done his years ago!

IMG_1527.jpg

Wife and I are downsizing the primary home in Arizona since we are gonna split our time between several home during the year, Guitar storage was becoming a real concern as there just wasn't much room so I had a closet company come out and build a bedroom/den closet out to store nothing but guitars out of heavy 1 1/4 inch shelves and slip in removable bars to hold the guitars in place. Looks great and it will hold 46 guitars in this closet there easy to see and get too and completely out of the way. Wish I would have done his years ago!

IMG_1527.jpg

That's slick!

That is pretty cool!

I have a question though. When you go to play, do you ever open the wrong case looking for a particular guitar? or do you keep all of them out of the cases?

That's the importance of the tags you see on the cases, they each have a printed label showing all the guitars data. A lot of my cases also have the guitar model stenciled on the case in white from gigging days. It's actually easy to find what you need at the nice thing about his is no requirement to dig through cases of move anything in order to get to a guitar.

Well dang it Retro, at holding only 46 guitars, you're gonna need about twelve more closets.......[flapper]:rolleyes:[blink][woot][lol] .....

Not anymore Damain I got sick of having so many I'm down to 52 guitars in total so the 46 in the cabinet and the few in stands of on hooks in the studio and Im good now. My goal is 30 total when I get there the guitars and 3 or 4 amps should all fit in this single storage closet or that's the GOAL at least. [unsure]

Should have done a shelf like this years before it holds 43 guitars in total,. all in a single closet. there secure and I even have a small humidifier that will keep the closet at 50 % humidity. Not bad at all and a small padlock can lock the upper bar acoss the guitars which makes them almost impossible to remove with really putting some work into it.

Archived