Gibson Brands Forums

So When You're Not Around Anymore

Scratch47

JC, can I be your best friend ??? [rolleyes]

Mine are going to my nephew

they probably would go to a vintage guitar dealer for someone to keep playing them when I'm gone.

and my Sj 200 TV would go to my best friend probably :).

Mine will go to my 2 sons....my older son does play, but even if he didn't, I'd like to think that they would both want to have something that the old man cherished so much.......and then they will probably all end up in a pawn shop a week later! [scared]

Interesting.......My best bud, I played with a lot has such an “I'm so good attitude” that I was going to give to him, but seems not worthy. (I know, I’m being judgmental) But after all, I am mental...hahaha Also, he is not into ukes, nor my wife or son. My wife is a natural musician, but at 5'1” my Gibson Jumbo doesn't make any sense for her. I would like them to go to someone who will play them. ?? Who is that ????? At 55, I hope I have time to make a good decision on this question. Nobody I know is in need or desire of my instruments. Any of you want them ?

Interesting.......My best bud, I played with a lot has such an “I'm so good attitude” that I was going to give to him, but seems not worthy. (I know, I’m being judgmental) But after all, I am mental...hahaha Also, he is not into ukes, nor my wife or son. My wife is a natural musician, but at 5'1” my Gibson Jumbo doesn't make any sense for her. I would like them to go to someone who will play them. ?? Who is that ????? At 55, I hope I have time to make a good decision on this question. Nobody I know is in need or desire of my instruments. Any of you want them ?

I'd love to help you out, but I've got nine years on ya... [rolleyes][sad]

I'd love to help you out, but I've got nine years on ya... [rolleyes][sad]

Well, I become eligible for Medicare on Sunday, and have my first doctor's appointment on Monday. Unfortunately, none of my nieces, nephews or grandkids are into guitar--yet. Maybe I can covert one before it's too late. Otherwise, I have a list of my guitars and their approximate values made up for my wife. I just hope they find good homes. Of course, there's only one I REALLY care about if push comes to shove...... Most are "only" guitars. But one is.......special.

Spouse gets 'em at this stage. Relatives on all sides tend to musical moron-ness.

It would be nice to know they go to a good home, but my guess would be the said relatives and my so-called friends are all sick to hell of BluesKing777 and his damn guitars; guitar talk; guitar forum-talk; music talk, music book talk; music cd, dvd talk; music and guitar instruction dvd, cd talk; guitar recording and recording equipment talk; guitar shops talk, Gibson versus Martin versus Taylor talk ad nauseum.......let alone hearing me play....

and there will be some kind of mean-spirited gathering that culminates in some kind of a 'foot-through-the-bloody-things' ceremony.

BluesKing777.

My kids tell me that my guitars will be on eBay before my body is cold! Well, except my son says that for the purpose of maximizing the return, they'll wait until Clapton dies to sell the guitar that I got from him.

"The Minstrel fell! But the foeman's chain

Could not bring that proud soul under;

The harp he lov'd ne'er spoke again,

For he tore its chords asunder;

And said "No chains shall sully thee,

Thou soul of love and brav'ry!

Thy songs were made for the pure and free,

They shall never sound in slavery!"

or

"There's some come here to see me hanged,

And some to buy my fiddle,

But before that I do part wi' her

I'll brak her thro' the middle.

"He took the fiddle into both o' his hands

And he broke it o'er a stone.

Says, There's nae ither hand sail play on thee

When I am dead and gone."

Well, perhaps my "baby" bro 28 years younger who is a picker. Otherwise the above. OTOH, when I'm gone, I question I'll care much. Yet... the above may echo my opinion of the future.

m

If you're being serious I'll take them. I've still got alot of life to live(hopefully) and I take great care of my guitars so you know they'll go to a good home :)

Let me say, If I die by any nefarious means before I die of natural causes, then the forum lottery will be canceled!!

Just how nefarious do the means have to be?

Happy New Year, Robert. I'm safely ensconsed in my music room after a half bottle of California pinot and another half of cab sav. Safe from the idiots outside, I'm settling in for a mellow hour or two on my J-45 before kissing 2011 goodbye.

Stay safe,

Nick

Archived