Gibson Brands Forums

I'm Not Immune To GAS

neilpanda

The music store has become my hang out spot between my friends and I, and when I was there today, GAS struck me again.

Its the boxing week sale and the fender standards are almost 200 bucks off. I dont know about you, but that sounds like a deal to me. [thumbup]

Im thinking about either selling my beloved 335, which I dont play any more and could easily cover the strat, or this old acoustic that my

dad found at his job, Ive never really touched it because its 'his' guitar, but I know that that's not what he thinks about it.

I realize the 335 is from a limited run, and is pretty rare, but it I dont even play it, what good does it do for me?

what to do? :-k

if I do decide to go for it, Alpine White, Candy Apple Red, Lake Placid Blue, or Black with HSS? :-k

But isn't the 335 worth a lot more than the Strat (even a satin one)? Tough decision either way. Strats are nice but I wouldn't trade a 335 for one IMHO.

that is a good point, but like a said in the original post, I dont even play the 335 any more, and Im thinking it would be worth it to trade it

because it is a nice guitar, but it just doesnt get played enough in my hands, and it would be nice to see someone who really enjoys it [unsure]

depends on the pickguard (as long as it isn't that hideous tourtise shell color)I would take the olympic white. Agree with buxom that the s/s/s configuration is better.

Also, for what the 335 is worth I would consider getting something more than just an American Standard Strat- American Deluxe is more versatile. Make sure you at least get some cash back out of the deal or at least some additional store credit or something if you plan to trade the 335 to the music store.

Beastie...I'd keep the ES-335! Strat's, even at great prices, are plentiful!

Limited edition, 335's are not. I have guitars, too, that I thought I was

"done with," and then sometime later, I got the bug, to play them again, and

was delighted, that I didn't sell or trade them off. It's you decision, but...

I'd take a step back, and really think about it! Just my 2-cent's worth. [biggrin]

CB

Beastie...I'd keep the ES-335! Strat's, even at great prices, are plentiful!

Limited edition, 335's are not. I have guitars, too, that I thought I was

"done with," and then sometime later, I got the bug, to play them again, and

was delighted, that I didn't sell or trade them off. It's you decision, but...

I'd take a step back, and really think about it! Just my 2-cent's worth. [biggrin]

CB

I forgot to mention this too... I always regret selling stuff because within a year of letting it go I start jonesing to play it again.

GAS! If you really have to, Lake Placid Blue. I know what you're going through. I'm trying not to go back to the Heritage Cherry SG Std. Bass. GAS! Do whatever you can live with partner.

Archived