Gibson Brands Forums

it getting really bad

bryvincent

on the past couple days there had been many threads on several forums about the aunthenticity of Gibson LPs for sale. and a lot of posters are passing real deal Les Pauls as fakes!

Gibson should really take this seriously and take some action on those fake/counterfeit Gibsons.

I agree. Action definately needs to be taken on Gibson's part. If Gibson continues to let the counterfeiting slide it's going to give counterfeiters more reason to continue coounterfeiting because they know they can get away with it penalty free. What reason do counterfeiters have to stop producing if they aren't getting caught and are successfully selling their garbage for the Gibson pricetag? If the counterfeiters are nailed as they come they will think twice if the consequences are harsh enough. Some campanies may still produce reguardless of getting caught but there will be other companies that won't be willing to risk getting caught a second time. If you think about it Gibson's customers are taking the hit for the counterfeiting that is going on. Not as many genuine Gibson's are being purchased because people are unknowingly wasting their money on fakes. If there were less fakes on the market people would be buying more genuine Gibsons which would boost the demand. If the demand was boosted it could lead to a cheaper product for everyone.

I think the reason Gibson and others don't do anything about this is because they can't. If they were making them and selling them in America that would be different, but we cannot enforce American laws on China. So we have to deal with it.

blah blah blah where's that one guy cuda? he would be all over this one. oh wait, he's banned....tee hee.

anyhoo, gibson cant just stop the fakes. i hope they have a magic wand. and like flight959 said, this has been done TO DEATH and is the equivalent of asking "is chambering a bad thing?" or "should i leave my PG on or off?"

use the search button to read up these sorts of topics.

yeah, im grumpy this morning...

Gibson could adopt a mandatory registration, like the car industry. They already have the numbers in place.

You would have to fill out your info before bringing the guitar home and if somone can't produce a card you would

have contact gibson. If a seller won't provide proof....don't buy it

Seems pretty simple to me

There's not many fake Corvettes driving around!!!

yeah' date=' im grumpy this morning...[/quote']

I am too!

bryvincent, what do you want Gibson to do...commandeer all the ports in the United States and then declare war on China. If you want to do something about it take an initiative and report any fake Gibsons you see being advertised as real ones...that's all that can be done. I've done it several times - seen fakes on craigslist or kijiji and just emailed the www. to Gibson.

The other issue is that enforcement doesn't come cheap. That cost will have to be passed down to someone--mainly people like us. A lot of companies will team up to crack down on counterfeiters. But Fender, Gibson and Ibanez, etc. working together on this problem may be too much to ask.

There is one solution for consumers--only buy from authorized dealers. Counterfeiters will stop making this crap if people stop buying it.

this has been done TO DEATH and is the equivalent of asking "should i leave my PG on or off?"

Sorry! I just wanted some opinions... I guess I haven't been in the forums quite long enough to know what's beating a dead horse and what's not.

bryvincent' date=' what do you want Gibson to do...commandeer all the ports in the United States and then declare war on China? [/quote']

Sounds like a good idea to me! Hmm... I wonder how effective Gibson brand nukes would be?

Archived