Gibson Brands Forums

My new tattoo...

thejtl

I have a friend who put the "Burgie Man" tattoo on his arm....you youngnis don't know who that is.... yeah... that's why it's imprudent to put "pop culture" figures permanently on your body.

I mean, think of the person who tattooed "The Ames Brothers" on their bods......

Or if you were a big football fan and got a tattoo of O.J. Simpson......

I suspect the younger generation thinks of tattoos differently than people of my generation.

Should I ever decide to "drop out", I don't want identifying marks on my body, (but that's just me).

Jeez, how old are you guys? I mean, I'm 40. Does that still qualify me as a member of the younger generation? If so, awesome!

At any rate, I didn't get the tattoo to prove anything to anyone. The Beatles have been an important part of my life for 32 years. It's a marking for me of something that's an important cornerstone of who I am, as are the rest of my tattoos.

Of course, maybe I'm just not as paranoid as others.

Most likely I'm a victim of my own false consensus bias here. That gets me in trouble all the time.

Jeez, how old are you guys? I mean, I'm 40. Does that still qualify me as a member of the younger generation? If so, awesome!

At any rate, I didn't get the tattoo to prove anything to anyone. The Beatles have been an important part of my life for 32 years. It's a marking for me of something that's an important cornerstone of who I am, as are the rest of my tattoos.

Of course, maybe I'm just not as paranoid as others.

Most likely I'm a victim of my own false consensus bias here. That gets me in trouble all the time.

HAHAHAHA...... just jabbin' ya in the eye..... and 40 IS a youngin. Let's face it, 40 years ago I was back from 'Nam, in College, and had been out of music for over 5 years!

Great tat very nice work,the Beatles will live forever they are a serious icon so it's the perfect tat to get,BTW what did your wife get lets see some pictures.I got one (I cant believe it's been so long)30 years ago.I really dont think about it much mostly because I cant see it on my left shoulder well behind me.I took an out of focus picture and dam does it need a serious recoloring.Originally it was a fake tat I had put on at Venice beach and as I was walking along the sand the most beautiful blond in a teenie weenie white non polka dot bikini stopped me and said she really liked my tattoo (opps the wife was with me end of story).Well when we got back home,we lived in CT then I had it put on for real.It's a Stratocaster with a rose stem wrapped around it with a red rose up top.I'm almost embarested to show it as I really didnt realize how faded it has gotten.Seriously when it was first done and years later it was amazing,you could count the screws in the pick guard even the poles pieces in the PU's.Well for now until I get it recolored and a better camera that takes pictures in focus unlike this one.

2541218260043544858S500x500Q85.jpg

As soon as the guitar gets redone heres the next one I have always planned on getting.I dig the death dealer and dress kind of like him for Halloween and the local renfaires.

2873582850043544858S425x425Q85.jpg

BTW I forgot to ask thejtl was yours done in all one sitting because it looke like a lot of fill/coloring in with the black for their hair and shirts ouch!!! [scared] great work thought and definatly worth the mild discomfort.

HAHAHAHA...... just jabbin' ya in the eye..... and 40 IS a youngin. Let's face it, 40 years ago I was back from 'Nam, in College, and had been out of music for over 5 years!

I'm 65 so yes, you are a youngster. I remember what it was like when there were no Beatles. It was a grim dark world until those four mop-tops from Liverpool gave the world a reason to live.

Nice tat.

I'm 65 so yes, you are a youngster. I remember what it was like when there were no Beatles. It was a grim dark world until those four mop-tops from Liverpool gave the world a reason to live.

Nice tat.

Gramps..... you're so old, the Amps were powered by kerosene when you started playing!

Of course I'm nowhere near as good as I should be for having played 35 years.

Most of us aren't. #-o

Regarding the tattoo... As long as you like it and want to spend the rest of your life looking at it, you are good to go. I think it's a nice tat, but what does that matter? It only matters that you like it.

Archived