Gibson Brands Forums

My First Les Paul

cabba2203

I'm stoked! [smile]

Its a Traditional Plus in Honeyburst.

Although I own (and have owned) many Gibson guitars, this is my first "new" purchase of one.

I've always purchased/traded used. So, this has me very excited. I'll post pix once it gets here.

Edit:

It's here! Very Nice! I am very pleased. A quicky photo, not the best but I'll take better ones later.

LPTP001.jpg

I might be mistaken but I always thought you didn't care much for Les Pauls, cabba.

If so; what changed your mind about them?

If not then my memory is on the way out !...............:unsure:

P.

I might be mistaken but I always thought you didn't care much for Les Pauls, cabba.

If so; what changed your mind about them?

If not then my memory is on the way out !...............:unsure:

P.

No, you are correct.

I always thought a LP looked cool but I never was interested in them because I'm a Flying-V / SG / Explorer guy.

I got used to playing on the LP shape when I got that ESP Eclipse in 2009/2010.

So, lately I've found myself wanting a real LP and I figured "just do it" and this is it.

...So, lately I've found myself wanting a real LP and I figured "just do it" and this is it...

Good for you!

I sincerely hope you bond with it. They are great guitars - but very different from the 'V's and Explorers you know so well!

Looking forward to the pix.

Oddly enough when I bought my first guitar in '75 the choice came down to two; an LP copy and a 'V' copy. I often wonder what I would be playing today if I chose the 'V' over the LP way back then. Perhaps in one of those Parallel Universes I did.....lol!

P.

I'm stoked! [smile]

Its a Traditional Plus in Honeyburst.

Although I own (and have owned) many Gibson guitars, this is my first "new" purchase of one.

I've always purchased/traded used. So, this has me very excited. I'll post pix once it gets here.

Edit:

It's here! Very Nice! I am very pleased. A quicky photo, not the best but I'll take better ones later.

LPTP001.jpg

What a honey!

Love the color and the gorgeous flame.

Congrats - she's really a beauty. . B)

Wow!

=P~

Gorgeous guitar, Cabba!

I especially love the p/g on it!....

Nah. J/K. I saw your comments on the p/g thread and see you prefer the look 'off'. Well, if your playing style lets you remove it then it'll show up more of that seriously gorgeous top!

Great score!

P.

Honeyburst is a Great color/finish! And, you certainly got a Great one!

Congratulations. Have you had a chance to "crank it up," and wail?! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Yes, I have! I really like the sound of the classic plus pup in the bridge - very open sounding and warm.

I cranked it thru my Dual Terror into a 4x12 and through my Mark IV rig. I'll test it through my Jet City 1x12 combo this weekend. I'm in love with this guitar! I'm already calculating a way to justify buying one per year - LOL!

Congrats!!! Very nice color choice....One of my favorites colors. What kind of neck profile does it have........Fat or slim 60's style? I like the slim 60's but with an axe that looks that good, if it had a full 50's profile........I believe I could get used to it!!!! Very nice. So how do you like it compared to your V and SG? Tim

Congrats!!! Very nice color choice....One of my favorites colors. What kind of neck profile does it have........Fat or slim 60's style? I like the slim 60's but with an axe that looks that good, if it had a full 50's profile........I believe I could get used to it!!!! Very nice. So how do you like it compared to your V and SG? Tim

It's a 50's neck but it doesn't feel fat to me, it's similar to the neck on the SG Special I have. Compared to my SGs and V, it's a welcome addition. This LP is pure savage! I can't put it down long. The 57 Classic Plus pup in the bridge is very open and warm sounding, it's a beast at chords and very full on single notes, a great rock pup! The LP has a sound that I've been needing in my tone arsenal for a while. Now I just need a good Tele - LOL!

Archived