Gibson Brands Forums

The family all back together again

Rabs

So ive had my Classic locked in its case since I got the Firebird as I just didnt have the room or another stand to keep it on.. Got the extra stand today and in celebration I took a full group shot of all five of my babies together (6 if you include the bass) [biggrin] Good to see the Classic again, I missed it.

By the way they are: Firebird Studio 2011, Classic 2002, 2008 Standard, 60s Tribute Goldtop, DC Faded and an Epi EB-3 bass :) (as mentioned, now I just need a 336 ;))

DSC01345-1.jpg

Sweet selection!

[thumbup]

P.

Cheers.. I do love them :)

And being divorced and with no kids its probably the nearest thing I will have to having my own family (that and my cat Brutus of course ;))

DSCF0030.jpg

Cheers.. I do love them :)

And being divorced and with no kids its probably the nearest thing I will have to having my own family (that and my cat Brutus of course ;))

DSCF0030.jpg

Cute Kitty!

At least he doesn't look the type to stab you in the back......

P.

Cute Kitty!

At least he doesn't look the type to stab you in the back......

P.

You got that s**t right brother.. back stabbing is almost an understatement [cursing]

Anyway.. all in the past now.. Thats life for you :P

Nice family portrait

Cheers.. :)

It leaves me with a dilema though.. I really dont have room for any more (and at the moment am not sure if I can even keep the 2008 Standard as i need to pay it off in June and am unemployed [crying] so may have to sell it or will end up paying like almost double for it)

But the dilema is even if I could get more where would I put them? I cant stand having my guitars sitting in their cases that just seems wrong to me.. Cos even if im not playing them I get alot of pleasure just looking at them.. And the new 2012 Standards and Studios and the Junior Specials are all calling my name lol..

I have a problem.. :P (as do alot of people on here lol, I know I dont need more than one or two but cant help myself)

What do you guys do you have no more room? Do you have a rotation going on that some are in and some are out?

Those are some great guitars. as for me, well I keep them in a closet, and cased. I live in New England where the climate changes can cause a lot of nasty things to happen to the wood. (Too dry in the winter, to humid in the summer) RH around 45~50% is perfect but that only happens rarely. So I play it safe, and keep em cased. Cheers!

Beauty selection.

I like having mine handy too.

Dryness and humidity are a constant factor where I live too so I have a big honkin humidifier for winter and air conditioning for summer. I can usually keep the RH in the 40-45% range.

Beauty selection.

I like having mine handy too.

Dryness and humidity are a constant factor where I live too so I have a big honkin humidifier for winter and air conditioning for summer. I can usually keep the RH in the 40-45% range.

I gave up on the humidifier, just too much effort to keep the filters clean enough.

So ive had my Classic locked in its case since I got the Firebird as I just didnt have the room or another stand to keep it on.. Got the extra stand today and in celebration I took a full group shot of all five of my babies together (6 if you include the bass) [biggrin] Good to see the Classic again, I missed it.

DSC01345-1.jpg

Nice!

BTW, is that an Epi EB-0? (top looks like a laminate) I'm tempted to get a cheap shortscale bass for recording. Two pups- seems ideal.

Sweet lineup! Love that Firebird, looks just like my long gone '67.

Cheers everyone.. They make me proud [crying] ;)

And thats a 2011 FB Studio with three coil tapped P90s.. love it to bits

Nice!

BTW, is that an Epi EB-0? (top looks like a laminate) I'm tempted to get a cheap shortscale bass for recording. Two pups- seems ideal.

Thats an Epi EB-3 similar but you get the Varitone switch type thing which is refreshing on a cheap bass where you normally get no switch.. And theres a nice variation between the sounds from Fat to Thin ;) My only issue with it is that its neck heavy (which I have heard all SG basses are).. Apart from that its excellent [thumbup]

Cheers everyone.. They make me proud [crying] ;)

And thats a 2011 FB Studio with three coil tapped P90s.. love it to bits

Mine was a '67 Firbird III, 3 P90's, toggle switch it the biggest visible difference. Was a sweet feeling (and sounding) guitar, I'll bet your has much the same feel. And probably more versatile sound (those are P100's then?).

You know what you need next?

A hollow body.

Can't have a true collection without at least one.

How's about a Gresch White Falcon, an L-5 or ES-175.

I know... a Byrdland.

Then you'll be set. [thumbup]

Cheers man [thumbup] I do love them all.. They are all so unique they each bring something different.

And yes ive thought about a hollow.. the one I really like is the 336.. Like a 335 but more Les Paul sized and a really fast neck.. Ive tried one.. And your right thats all im really missing ;)

Mine was a '67 Firbird III, 3 P90's, toggle switch it the biggest visible difference. Was a sweet feeling (and sounding) guitar, I'll bet your has much the same feel. And probably more versatile sound (those are P100's then?).

Nope, all P90s and also the Tone knob acts as a phase switch so even more to choose from ;) As soon as they released the spec for this guitar I put a deposit down, I knew I had to have one :)

I have a demo here :) Go through the pickups clean then have a play with some gain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6zE5MbLxCQ

Nope, all P90s and also the Tone knob acts as a phase switch so even more to choose from ;) As soon as they released the spec for this guitar I put a deposit down, I knew I had to have one :)

I have a demo here :) Go through the pickups clean then have a play with some gain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6zE5MbLxCQ

Sweet! Didn't even know you could coil tap a single coil (the reason I presumed P100's). A huge array of sounds from that one, I like it a lot. I may have to search one of these out!

Archived