Gibson Brands Forums

Not a Gibson but.....

Gilliangirl

Gotta agree Karen! That is a great song and delivery....no matter what its played on.... [thumbup]

And by the way...Guild is my second most favorite acoustic...on par with Gibson in cases like this one~!!

Me too! I almost bought one about a year and a half ago. Nice BIG sound. The only problem for me was the neck.

So many great songs on Mescalito. Awesome acoustic version. Thanks for digging that up GG

When I first got that album I'll bet it sat in the CD player for a month! I learned at least half the songs on it too [biggrin] Can't play Bread and Water like that tho' [mellow]

There's a Taylor Cedar Concert at a store not far from here that I've been wanting for well over a year. It's a totally different tone, but it's a small body that just begs to be ripped on. I actually had a complicated deal working to get it, that fell through.

I enjoy playing my Tele from time to time as well.

A close friend has a Carvin 12 string that is a BLAST to play.

Ah yea, the spice of life.....

Don't know what GG means by that but I have a JF-30 and love the neck.

See where he keeps the capo on the guitar? I wonder if that's to keep the strings above the nut from ringing?

thats a paige capo , there are various models with that design , i have one myself and love it because it just rests up there , never taken off the neck , just slide it up to the fret you want,, never lost or misplaced. :-)

great things

whats wrong with the necks ?

For the life of me I can't remember the actual specs but I recall the neck was too thick for me. That being said, my J-185 has a larger neck than the Southern Jumbo and I loved the sound so much I just darn well got used to it! I wish I could remember more about it. It was in a used guitar shop here in Calgary, was a sunburst too. It sounded great but was overpriced. Also, the guy who was shopping with me questionned its authenticity. Bottom line tho'..... it sounded great.

Well I am really hooked on Gibson acoustics, beyond a doubt my favorite mass produced MIA guitar. But I own Martins, Taylors, Yamahas, etc,, even had a really nice Guild Dread at one time and still have a Guild spanish classical. I am just addicted to guitars, I like em all.

My acoustics

2010 Bird, 2003 Bird, 2009 Bird pro, 2008 CSM (Canuck). 2003 Yamaha Compass (a little sweety pie), 1965 Guild classical, 2009 Takamine classical, Taylor 110, Taylor GS Mini (another sweety pie),

2009 Martin 12 string ( what a tone!), Fender acoustic (LOL), 1976 Alvarez Dread, 2009 Esteban (cringe), Fender Victor Bailey acoustic bass, Dean acoustic bass. I think that's all of them, may have missed a couple.

I am addicted to guitars.

Well I am really hooked on Gibson acoustics, beyond a doubt my favorite mass produced MIA guitar. But I own Martins, Taylors, Yamahas, etc,, even had a really nice Guild Dread at one time and still have a Guild spanish classical. I am just addicted to guitars, I like em all.

My acoustics

2010 Bird, 2003 Bird, 2009 Bird pro, 2008 CSM (Canuck). 2003 Yamaha Compass (a little sweety pie), 1965 Guild classical, 2009 Takamine classical, Taylor 110, Taylor GS Mini (another sweety pie),

2009 Martin 12 string ( what a tone!), Fender acoustic (LOL), 1976 Alvarez Dread, 2009 Esteban (cringe), Fender Victor Bailey acoustic bass, Dean acoustic bass. I think that's all of them, may have missed a couple.

I am addicted to guitars.

Same here. I'm only a month old in guitar playing years and I just bought a Taylor 110 last week. I will have a Gibson acoustic as soon as I know which one I want.

I apologize if this has already been posted. Ryan Bingham is a pretty talented guy. And he does play Gibsons! I thought this was a pretty good video [thumbup]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUwrsI0yWL0&feature=relmfu

Thanks for posting GG! I almost have all the parts down and I'll post my version when I do! Maybe on my new SJ-200. I am also very close to bringing her home!!

Archived