Gibson Brands Forums

I just bought Jimmy Page´s stolen Black Beauty

zachd33

Give it back to Jimmy, an' if the guy you got it from is the one who stole it justice must be served !

Anyone who'd steal a workin' man's tools needs to be strung up by the 'nads an' cut down with a dull hacksaw, then shot in the head with a 12ga soon as he hits the ground.

freakin' pukes who steal instruments really rile me, can ya tell ?

Give it back to Jimmy' date=' an' if the guy you got it from is the one who stole it justice must be served !

Anyone who'd steal a workin' man's tools needs to be strung up by the 'nads an' cut down with a dull hacksaw, then shot in the head with a 12ga soon as he hits the ground.

freakin' pukes who steal instruments really rile me, can ya tell ?

[/quote']

It took me about two weeks to finally realize the hand in your avatar has one too many fingers.

On topic, I'd return it. The chance to meet Jimmy Page in person far outweighs any benefit a schmuck like me could get from his guitar.

For those of you who would return it' date=' maybe Jimmy will get you jailed "for stealing his guitar".[/quote']

Depends.... If you tell him you rescued his guitar from the thief to return it to him he may return you the favor by giving you one of his other guitars.... I'll take one he just looked at once.

I'd play it at home first to compare it with my own Les Pauls. I'd probably get a huge headache, or a huge laugh on my face and think 'Yeah, my Les Pauls ain't that bad!'.

After the comparisons I'd give the Black Beauty back to Jimmy personally.

I've never been able to understand how anyone could derive pleasure in the ownership of something they know was stolen from someone else. Having been the victim of a couple thefts and one break-in, I can definitely relate to how it would feel to return something cherished to its rightful owner, though.

A few years back some friends stopped by my house all excited because they'd found a guitar case with a "big electric guitar" in it, laying in the middle of the road near their house. It was a very nice bass...I don't recall the name on the headstock but it was hand-built by an American luthier. On a long shot I called the luthier that had built my guitar and explained what was going on, since he specializes in basses. I hoped he'd know the builder of the lost bass. As luck would have it, and for reasons that now escape me, the people who had lost the bass were at Chris's house when I called. We confirmed it was their instrument and hooked up to reunite them. They'd been heartsick at the prospect of having lost something that had been built just for their bass player. It was a one-off beauty. Trust me, money couldn't buy the feeling of having something to do with putting those folks back together with their bass.

Considering the fact that most of us sit here every day and drool over famous guitars. I would keep it for at least enough time to play the hell out of it and brag to anyone who wouldn't turn me over to the cops. I'd display it in my guitar cab.

Eventually I'd make a half hearted effort to inform Jimmy that I would be willing to return it. You know like send an e mail to his web site. You know he would never get the e mail. After waiting for a fair amount of time I'd sell it to someone with even less morals then me. And retire...

wow , crazy stuff. I would suppose the first question is

1/ is it his ?

If you can validate that then my move would be to make every effort to let Mr Page know this is his guitar. Talk to the New York Post, news,web sites , blah blah. Then return it to him.

Reasons. Even if it was a guitar for one of the members Metalica of which I do not care for I would return it.

The thing called, and I trust many of you know this. Pay it forward. Occassionnally life puts you somewhere or in a position to make a great choice. Have a hoot or not, lie or not, touch or not.blah blah. Well the instant karma pay off as someone mentioned would be huge, but the ability to do it without condition would surpass anything you know. From time to time I give gear away. Yes I do. Vox wah, the one my father in law would like to have - found , bought gave to him. All I ask is that he give it to someone , give it back, or just use it. He has my AD 9 re issue maxon analog delay right now. Or the tech guy that needed the right pedal, gave it to him. The gift giving served me more than the money or expectation of reward ever could. One way I saw it pay off is I finally found the group of like minded players that has become my band. I play my guitars with them at least once a week. HUGE !

Again I would do what I could to give it back.If he made the choice to reward me, give me a guitar, or whatever, so be it.

To be graced by a talent of Mr Page could take my playing/writing/performances to a new level. Like him or not, you would be a fool not to recognize the talent.

Very cool.

W

Archived