Gibson Brands Forums

Just saying "hello" after a long time away

kebob

I see a few posters I still recognize: KSdaddy, Jinder, Lefty and a few others. Used to be a regular on here -- probably should frequent here more often. Still playing my 60's reissue Gibson J-45 (cherry burst in the avatar) -- it's been my workhorse in the rock band I play in (cover band). Anyway, just wanted to wish yall continued happy pickin on yer Gibbys.

Yes Sir ! , , , beautiful. Not least against the faded fence.

And the way back'n'sides prolong that certain soft burst.

Ever fascinating with these same shapes in different colors, ages, state of being.

If mine is mud - yours is truly sun.

Yes Sir ! , , , beautiful. Not least against the faded fence.

And the way back'n'sides prolong that certain soft burst.

Ever fascinating with these same shapes in different colors, ages, state of being.

If mine is mud - yours is truly sun.

Thank you sir. This is the only guitar in my stable that I had no idea I was going to buy, until I happened upon it. Just killing time and happened into my favorite mom and pop music store -- it was during their Guitar Month (each year in April), where they pick one guitar each day and mark it down half price. I walked in and there it was, sitting up front with a price around $1,400 (I think). I was a Martin guy up til this point -- a few strums on it and I was hooked -- the balance due to the mahogany and the short scale were fantastic -- the top vibrates incredibly and has a real openess to it. I took it home and it sits as my favorite guitar still to this day among my collection.

I can't find much information on these models -- they were a limited run around 2004-05, I think they made a couple hundred of them. If you ever run into one, I suggest you try it out -- they're killers.

All the best.

Beautiful guitar Kebob and from another relative newbie, welcome back!. I was also a Martin guy until 2 years ago. An accidental encounter with a J45 led me over to the dark side. Been trading Martins and trying out various Gibbys since. Had a J45 standard, H'bird and a Kristofferson that for various undefined reasons I didn't keep but I really like the 3 I kept. Currently the Sparrow is my fave but I like them all. Question on your cherry 45 - Is the top sitka or adirondack? Happy picking and welcome back.

Beautiful guitar Kebob and from another relative newbie, welcome back!. I was also a Martin guy until 2 years ago. An accidental encounter with a J45 led me over to the dark side. Been trading Martins and trying out various Gibbys since. Had a J45 standard, H'bird and a Kristofferson that for various undefined reasons I didn't keep but I really like the 3 I kept. Currently the Sparrow is my fave but I like them all. Question on your cherry 45 - Is the top sitka or adirondack? Happy picking and welcome back.

Thanks Texasteummer -- the top is sitka spruce. one other notable thing about the guitar is how ight it is -- feels light as a feather. I see you have a collection of great guitars -- Martins and Gibsons are so different tonally, and I'm glad they are -- I enjoy each for various reasons. I picked up a Taylor 814ce coupke years back and that's a different animal altogether!

Okay, that is truly one of the prettiest J45s out there! More of a caramel or ice tea burst, which I absolutely love (got that on my '66 ES-125T, and it slays me every time). Also really like seeing the full rosette. Very nice!

Archived