Gibson Brands Forums

Are Musicians overwhelmingly any particular signs?

Vega1

44 members have cast a vote...HOW PITIFUL!

Come on people, it's not like you're being asked for your address, phone number or SS#. You don't even have to write a comment or explanation, just click a vote, it's totally anonymous.

This forum has 41,000 registered members, 1317 with over 100 posts, 255 with over 1000 posts, and yet only 44 of us have voted. I'm ashamed.

OK, fine.

I voted. I would add that I usually don't even get into this stuff because the whole idea of astrology can be misleading, because some DO believe in it.

When I am trying to explain that pickups wound on Friday's in Augest have more mojo that pickups wound in the winter months, I don't want our credibility messed up by bringing astrology into it.

As Jim Morrison said:

"I am a saggittarius, the most philosophical of all the signs. But I don't believe in it, I think it's a bunch of bullshit!"

Also, Astronomy is fact, Astrology is what we are talking about here, and THAT is the bs.

Thanks for catching that in my post, guess I wasn't thinking,

and that quote is from the end of a live version of roadhouse blues. :)

When I am trying to explain that pickups wound on Friday's in Augest have more mojo that pickups wound in the winter months, I don't want our credibility messed up by bringing astrology into it.

:lol: Hilarious. I like it.

And again, lest anyone think this is a poll to try and prove anything about astrology, its not. You can read my original post and see what starting the poll was all about. Just curiosity and nothing more.

What if a cusp baby? When I was born, a while ago, February 19th was Aquarius. Now pisces. I guess the international zodiacal governing body made a decision not realizing the psychological implications on those children like me from the 60's. [cursing]

Guest farnsbarns

What if a cusp baby? When I was born, a while ago, February 19th was Aquarius. Now pisces. I guess the international zodiacal governing body made a decision not realizing the psychological implications on those children like me from the 60's. [cursing]

I doubt if it's effected your fate at all ;) . It does, however, cast more doubt (if more were needed) over the legitimacy of astrology though, doesn't it!

No worries, d00d. You're covered.

Zodiac Wars

Larry...

As an oldster, on the forum if not where I'm sitting at my desk, I did vote. <grin>

As to the validity of "astrology," I think there is a degree of truth in it if one considers factors other than where the stars might be, and factors it into other factors of how one is nurtured.

For example, if in the relatively colder sections of the northern hemisphere one is born in the summer months, that almost certainly have a general impact on how one is nurtured during a very critical learning time period.

The stars... I personally can't imagine much effect per se. But I think in what time of year one is born probably has as much to do with one's development physically and mentally as where one might fit in a multiple child family.

The Chinese system also almost certainly has a degree of validity in the sense that marketers in today's world have seen how a general culture will go through cycles of overall behavior, especially in terms of what will appeal to them and how they respond to various appeals. The stars? Naaah. I think it's a reverse analysis that might well be considered one of the biggest post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacies ever considered.

m

I think it was zeppelinguy who edited out objections to this harmless exercise, but astrology has been seriously attacked by western religious fundamentalists, esp. Baptists and Charismatics.

Deuteronomy 17:2-3... "If there is found among you, within any of your towns which the LORD your God gives you, a man or woman who does what is evil in the sight of the LORD your God, in transgressing his covenant, and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden..."

2 Kings 23:5... "And he deposed the idolatrous priests whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places at the cities of Judah and round about Jerusalem; those also who burned incense to Ba'al, to the sun, and the moon, and the constellations, and all the host of the heavens."

I voted as scorpio since that's what I usually am classified as but I'm definitely on a cusp and born at midnight so it can go either Scorpio or Sagittarius. It get's pretty confusing but pretty much everyone that knows me votes that I'm a Scorpio more than Sagittarius.

the whole cusp thing might bother me then I remeber it's astrology and the whole thing is a farce so no worries.

A very interesting topic... [thumbup]

Thinking about the number of War Leaders, Presidents, Dictators, Prime Ministers, Kings, Queens et al

Who have used Astrology etc to help formulate world changing decisions...

Also nowadays a good way to interact with females, who perhaps give more credence to said studies [biggrin]

IMX a detailed Horoscope can provide such a wealth of potential happenings that some % are likely for each individual

For those inclined, a cursory glance at the writings of C G Jung...in many ways (IMO) more grounded than S Freud

Can indicate a valid place for Astrology and other intuitive predictive strategies...in everyday life...

V

:-({|=

The Chinese system also almost certainly has a degree of validity in the sense that marketers in today's world have seen how a general culture will go through cycles of overall behavior, especially in terms of what will appeal to them and how they respond to various appeals.

Interesting perspective, or maybe it is what we are exposed to during an early part of our lives. TV for us in South Wales didn't come along until the mid '60's and certainly no computers and computer games. So we learned to make up our own fun and get out. Now kids have all that and they behave differently. No wonder.

Being April 20 I used to think I was Aries until I learned in the year of my birth something in the great cosmos was somewhere else, and that I was Taurus. Now I say 'moo' instead of 'bah'. The list of famous Taureans is huge, including HRH The Queen, but I am not on the list.

Bob

Bob...

There was a relatively popular marketing concept that was quite successful some years ago called "you are what you were, when."

The idea was that the world around you when you were around age 10 would play a large role in your future perspectives because that's the time of life when "we" are making that shift from being "home and mommy" centric to "the big outside world."

For example, although "baby boomers" in the US may have radically different politics, the way in which they might be swayed in terms of products and services has been quite similar.

There's no question that upbringing in a different national culture and environment will bring somewhat different results, but the principle is pretty much standard.

As for the "astrological signs," I personally tend to think that we're talking about some greater degree of similarity among people in northern temperate zones - and wonder if one might be better off virtually reversing them for those raised in southern temperate zones - but that's just a guess.

As for "Taurus" and famous brits, especially, consider that one born in April in a northern temperate zone has roughly six months of half decent weather in one's early development and, until we've come to prefer air conditioning and indoor life to the breezes and shade of the outdoors... most of "us" born in that month would have a different life perspective than one born, say in October, with naught but indoor chill and lesser amounts of light.

As for Jung... Yeah, some interesting concepts there. Note that he would had a relatively "classical" education in the sense of various stories of auguries and oracles, etc., not to mention a "nutty" Mama.

Also note that his earlier life might be considered contemporaneous with such as The Golden Bough - which had some serious influence also on literature and considers much of the same material, but more from what we'd consider sociological than psychological.

m

Archived