Gibson Brands Forums

Been really ill

Stooge

Sorry I've visited quite a number of times, but have not been able to post at all due to my Bipolar which has sucked me from way up high, to way under in a matter of weeks, then a month of depression. So have laid off a bit as my ramblings are utterly useless in the interim. So what has happened in my life, well bought a Gretsch 5420 in orange and a Fender Ukulele, pics coming up, just got to get the inclination to do that. Best to all you guys. Steve

I hope that things are on the mend for you Steve,the guitar can be great therapy if you are in a bout of depression.I have some friends who are Bi-polar and they have found Lithium to be almost a panacea,I don't know if you have been prescribed this or not.Of course as with all meds,what works for some won't necessarily be of any help to another.Anyway the best of luck to you and stay well.

Hi Steve, just a word of encouragement from Central Mass. Hang in there man, take it one day (or one minute) at a time brother. Life can be really messed up, but I do believe everyday is a gift. I just don't always treat it as such.

We're all a work in progress man.

All the best to you...

/KB

Thoughts & prayers from the center of USA to you Steve. Hope the best for you and 1+ on the meds. The people I have known with Bi-Polar tend to quit taking their meds when they start feeling better (guess that's the #1 thing that happens) and then get worse again and really flip flop. If you can take it and it helps, everything I've read seems to be "stay the course" with the meds and then anything else your healthcare team recommends.

Hang in there. For sure, every day is VERY precious. I'm not the best at living that daily, but with all the friends/family that I've lost the last few years I think I may just be able to wrap my head & arms around that more these days.

I think you'll really like that Gretsch and the Orange is so sweet it could give a guy Diabetes!!

Aster

Hello Steve! The best thing is to always find something You can do (playing guitar for instance :)), also always set goals in Your life. The short term plans You're aiming for, helps You get through the days and gets Your mind focused on positive things. This worked for me, will work for You too. You are stronger than You think! BUT The medicals are mandatory - take them as recommended! You can't play with them. Not taking them will make things worse. We are with You! Cheers... Bence

Archived