Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup covers.

LarryUK

Oh no! Please don't butcher that beauty of a guitar with aftermarket add-on's! You'll kill the value and re-sale of it. You don't like uncovered pick-ups? These are not going to sound anything like a regular Les Paul's pick-up's regardless of weather or not they have cover's.

I don't think so, those pickups are DiMarzio

They have to be DiMarzio if they are stock pickups since he holds the patent to exposed double whites.

Oh no! Please don't butcher that beauty of a guitar with aftermarket add-on's! You'll kill the value and re-sale of it.

News flash, resale on Gibsons is already garbage. :rolleyes:

there are a gazillion different pickup covers out there, with or without adjustable pole piece holes, but as stated, it is quite a process to attach them properly.

it would probably be easier to just buy a similar type of pickup with the covers already on.

But if you're getting a signature guitar, why would you change the signature look?

there should be other 3 pickup les pauls available (at least used).

They have to be DiMarzio if they are stock pickups since he holds the patent to exposed double whites.

How is there a patent for that?

I looked up the DiMarzios and yea they don'r have adjustable pole pieces.

Hey Tim, I went to Athens Family Restaurant for lunch, I am just telling you this because I feel like being a d!ck today.

It's all about the pole spacing. I went through this when adding covers to the Burstbuckers on my LP Faded. Apparently even Gibson pickups vary - some are 49.2 mm some are 50 mm. Your best bet is to measure very carefully from the center of one outside pole to the center of the other. Then buy a cover that matches that spacing.

Unless things have changed (surely not?) in the 36 years since I bought my DiMarzio Dual Sounds - which are effectively split-coil versions of Super Distortions - the pole-pieces are allen-key headed and yes, they are adjustable.

P.

How is there a patent for that?

Don't know but he managed somehow. That's why all winders in the US do not advertise double whites.

Hey Tim, I went to Athens Family Restaurant for lunch, I am just telling you this because I feel like being a d!ck today.

What a d*ck! [lol]

The wife and I were watching Triple D the other day that episode was on again.

If we do head down to Nashville again, we're going to Athens and you're buying. [biggrin]

Archived