Gibson Brands Forums

The Stones do the Beatles

j45nick

If you slow the video down and pause it about 22 seconds in on the right frame, you can see Simon Cowell orchestrating this in the background. Blatantly set up.... Jennifer Lopez made her first video in the same room right afterwards and they squeezed Zig & Zag in before they closed for the day. Still at least they look like 20 something lesbians here. Bravo.

If you slow the video down and pause it about 22 seconds in on the right frame, you can see Simon Cowell orchestrating this in the background. Blatantly set up.... Jennifer Lopez made her first video in the same room right afterwards and they squeezed Zig & Zag in before they closed for the day. Still at least they look like 20 something lesbians here. Bravo.

Hmmmm......there must be a lot of odd-looking lesbians in Glasgow (or Luxembourg), since this seems to be a recurring theme in your posts. :rolleyes:

Maybe we need to creat a new genre: geezer rock. Saw Stephen Stills on a morning TV show in the US today, and he complained that he pulled a muscle trying to do some onstage move from his youth yesterday. He said that now that two out of three of CS&N are over 70, touring is getting harder. Frankly, he didn't sound like the sharpest tool in the kit, but he never really did. He always did play and sing better than he talks. On the plus side, he no longer looks like the Michelin man.

I figured today that in another 25 years, the Stones and Dylan will be cranking up for their 75th anniversary tours. Wonder if I can pre-book tickets now? I'll only be 90, after all.

Saw Stephen Stills on a morning TV show in the US today, and he complained that he pulled a muscle trying to do some onstage move from his youth yesterday. He said that now that two out of three of CS&N are over 70, touring is getting harder. Frankly, he didn't sound like the sharpest tool in the kit, but he never really did. He always did play and sing better than he talks. On the plus side, he no longer looks like the Michelin man.

Good to hear a little local report about Stephen. What a giant - what a master - what a waster.

Just learned 2 of his tunes. You Don't Have To Cry and, , , , , As I Come Of Age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d20xDlmLTY

Always melt with this one. Hey get the melody, listen to C&N in the harmonies, the golden solo, , , , and the elegance of no one but Starkeys drums.

Hmmmm......there must be a lot of odd-looking lesbians in Glasgow (or Luxembourg), since this seems to be a recurring theme in your posts. :rolleyes:

Not extensively using smilies might have been misleading.

Maybe we need to creat a new genre: geezer rock.

Oasis did just this by pitching themselves as T-Rex covering the Beatles. 1994, fab times. The world was more innocent then and many still believed that Freddie Starr had eaten a hamster.

Mick and Keith looked like they were having a pretty good time. Charlie looked like someone tied a knot in his knickers.

More like he just discovered a Snickers in his knickers.

Do we need 'to get a room' ??

As in - do we need a special G-forum just for Beatles and Stones posts? Seems half the activity here in terms of comments and posts revolves about those two phenomena.

As in - do we need a special G-forum just for Beatles and Stones posts?

Though one of the main contributors, I tend to see what you mean.

Like an architecture-forum frequently circling around Empire State Building and The Eiffel Tower.

Guess those acts mean a lot – and after all they were serious Gibson players.

Maybe you should set up a pole.

It's just a case of extended self-grat behavior. The money's good though, eh? PM has obviously experienced such a range of exposure to and appreciation of all that is cutting edge, that even the Stones take on the appearance of a dull gray. They're still dead-on to me.

Though one of the main contributors, I tend to see what you mean.

Like an architecture-forum frequently circling around Empire State Building and The Eiffel Tower.

Guess those acts mean a lot – and after all they were serious Gibson players.

Maybe you should set up a pole.

If we set up a pole all we're gonna get is Cat Scratch Fever. P'haps we might set up a poll instead.

It's just a case of extended self-grat behavior. The money's good though, eh? PM has obviously experienced such a range of exposure to and appreciation of all that is cutting edge, that even the Stones take on the appearance of a dull gray. They're still dead-on to me.

So, to clarify, are you saying it's self gratifying and elitist not to be overly enamoured with a post 72-73 era Rolling Stones? Or by not being overly enamoured with a post 72-73 era Rolling Stones it is indicative of being somewhat enlightened? To be both would be quite conflicted.

If we set up a pole all we're gonna get is Cat Scratch Fever. P'haps we might set up a poll instead.

Thanx - needed that, he hehe. . .

No wait a minute, , , a pole !

John

Mick

George

Charlie

Bill

Ringo

Keith

Brian

and Paul as the solid base of it all. . . (and I don't mean bass)

Archived