Gibson Brands Forums

Best sales pitch for a guitar I've seen yet

daveinspain

I have to admit, there isn't really fault with that ad. It may be B.S., but it also the truth ain't it?

This happened to me: I was visiting my favorite shop, and he had this black Strat. He knew I had a thing for Strats, and this was a GOOD one. Problem was, I had a LOT of Strats. I said, "I got a lot of Strats, and a lot of GOOD Strats...I really don't have any reason for this, great as it is". He casually asks, "Do you have a black one?"

LOL! Funny!

Even if there was a 'Money Back Guarentee' on everything happening as promised I'd still pass......

As you say Dave, quite the imagination working overtime. You can almost see them in the store thingking 'How on Earth are we going to shift this Ruddy Eyesore?...'

P.

.... That's when you reach behind your Marshall stack and pull this baby out. Now, you climb up on the right side of the P.A. and jump off onto the middle of the stage as you simultaneously launch into "Heavy Metal Love" by Helix. ....

p1_uwmehqvyx_st.jpg

Quite the ad, but not for me - - a jump like that and I'd be launching into a bottle of ibuprofen and a tube of IcyHot. . . #-o

Quite the ad, but not for me - - a jump like that and I'd be launching into a bottle of ibuprofen and a tube of IcyHot. . . #-o

and... That's AFTER you're discharged from the ER and sporting a full body cast!

At least that's probably how it would end for me!

I always wanted a car with that kind of paint. Blue or red all shiny with glittery stuff.

If it played very well, would you shun it for being fugly? Imagine a girl, funny and understanding and good in bed and makes great food but she's ugly...would you date her?

I may give it a go. Different can be good fo' shizzle. I'd definetly be on that cherry red on the sly, though.

Archived