Gibson Brands Forums

Angie -

E-minor7

No, not that one. Talking about its predecessor, written by Davey Graham back in 1962 – in reality called Angi.

Some of you (ol geezers) might know it and even be able to play it. I can't and never tried.

But I think it's fair to say it was on many a folkie's wish-list over the years.

Enjoy the 70's Gibson. It seems to have found itself -

Does anyone hear a hint of Locomotive Breath or the other way around ?

I remember this song. This is a very likeable rendition of it. Another gem of a guitar from the dreaded Norlin Era. It sounds fantastic. I'll tell you, the bird I had that a drunk fell on in Sedalia Mo. in 1982...lol (I was so damn stupid), was a Norlin (1978) and I absolutely loved that guitar. Of course, back then I didn't have the internet to tell me that Gibsons were turkeys and Taylors were awesome.

For me, always an interesting song. Some time ago I linked a vid of Paul Simon and his brother doing Anji.

Locomotive Breath . . . . maybe just a stretched out hint.

Yeah, the Paul and Ed Simon version is terrific. And look at the audience - Beautiful.

http://www.youtube.c...okYyir4U7c&NR=1

The Locomotive Breath trace is between 0:56 and 1:07 in the Gibson clip - might be a traditional passage from was back when. . . .

No, not that one. Talking about its predecessor, written by Davey Graham back in 1962 – in reality called Angi.

Some of you (ol geezers) might know it and even be able to play it. I can't and never tried.

But I think it's fair to say it was on many a folkie's wish-list over the years.

Enjoy the 70's Gibson. It seems to have found itself -

Does anyone hear a hint of Locomotive Breath or the other way around ?

Nicely done!

(What is loco breath?).

BluesKing777.

I liked it but the part you're calling Locomotive Breath sounds more like the Paul Butterfield Blues Band's version of the Nat Adderly song "Work Song" featuring Michael Bloomfield.

Indeed heard – which confirms the idea that the passage is rooted in some sort of traditional stuff.

Ian Anderson, a bluesman in the beginning, might have had the trunk down the primordial soup.

Nice Butterfield track btw.

Does not get much better than that! Of course, "i was so much younger then"....[crying]

Locomotive Breath is extraordinary powerful when cranked up to 10 - and on vinyl (keeps the sound together).

But to hear it live back when Ian still had his voice was overwhelming.

You saw decent suit'n'tie clerks in the audience raising their one hand above the head rocking back and forth like attacking Apache indians on painted horses.

It's that gag'agag'agag'agag motor. . .

Now back to acoustics -

Archived