Gibson Brands Forums

NGD (6 days late)

kidblast

Thunder-- yea it's got this look that says "white falcon" with a price tag thousands less!! (I STILL want a white falcon however hahaha!!!) The roller saddles on the bridge really help tuning stability with the bigsby.. The only NIT is, you gotta remove the bar when you case it.

Bence-- the PUPS are specially designed Gibson USA made (they call em "Swingbuckers") tone pots are push/pull in phase / out of phase. the default (in) is out of phase, (where they do have a very gretchy sound) the out position is in phase, and they sound like more traditional PAFs

Great looking Emperor.

Is that part of the white and gold Royale group I saw advertised a while back?

Interesting bit on the pups.

Congrats. . B)

Hi BK

yes, precisely, there's a few of them, (Alley cat and a 335 that looks similar) there's also a black royale too, all chrome hw though,, the gold probably would-a blinged that up too.

but- the first time I gazed eyes on one these I knew it was inevitable.

that guitar's too cool(cat) to post in just 1 place KB !!

well considering I plopped it in the LES PAUL forum by mistake..

Yeesh!

thanks all,, it really is one cool axe. I totally love it.

anyone who's interested, keep an eye on Sweetwater, never know where they're gonna have a crazy sale like this.

I had seen those at GC and thought if only I wasn't after a les paul, this would make a killer hollow body.

Congrats and must agree I got stray cats in my mind.

yea it wont do "les paul" for sure, otoh - I've had it in a "volume" situation, and it's more resilient to feedback than i assumed.

Cover a few Johnny A tunes, and that's where it really shines, but ya, it does the rock-a-billy/ stray cats (gretchy) tones if you have it in the OOP mode. Epi did a great job on these. for the money man,, killer.

Thunder-- yea it's got this look that says "white falcon" with a price tag thousands less!! (I STILL want a white falcon however hahaha!!!) The roller saddles on the bridge really help tuning stability with the bigsby.. The only NIT is, you gotta remove the bar when you case it.

Bence-- the PUPS are specially designed Gibson USA made (they call em "Swingbuckers") tone pots are push/pull in phase / out of phase. the default (in) is out of phase, (where they do have a very gretchy sound) the out position is in phase, and they sound like more traditional PAFs

Yea, a Falcon's on my wish list too, someday. How is the bar on the Bigsby different from the flat one? I've never seen one like yours up close. And how does it come out? But the big question, this one or the Broadway???

TC

ps: It's a NGD, doesn't matter where you post it [thumbup]

Yea, a Falcon's on my wish list too, someday. How is the bar on the Bigsby different from the flat one? I've never seen one like yours up close. And how does it come out? But the big question, this one or the Broadway???

TC

ps: It's a NGD, doesn't matter where you post it [thumbup]

Hi Thunder,

so that's called the"Chet wire" something that Mr. Atkins designed. I have the same setup on my Elitist Chet Atkins/Country Gent. I have a standard arm on my ES135. You can probably re-fit a standard one, but both "Arms" work equally as well for me. I don't really have a preference, I do like the aesthetics if the "wire" a bit more tho.

To remove it, There's two set screws on the bottom side (would be facing the floor while playing it). An Allen wrench to loosen them and it just slides

out, it's easy, but it would have been better if they used two small thumb screws for this.

The Broadway is fantastic as well, I have that setup with the heavier chromes (same as what I've been using on the Regent),

But anyway, right now I'm just digging this white beauty, it's just about the only electric I'm playing last few days

and yea man, someday -- a white falcon,,, I'd have to off a few of the herd tho.. +/- $3.2k is steep for a guitar score for me.

Thanks for the info Kid, I thought it might be something like that on the arm. Cool look, real unique, don't see very many on todays guitars. Maybe a trip to the hardware store to find some thumbscrews? And how to thin the herd [confused] I'd hate to part with any of mine. What's blood going for now a days? Probably have to sell a couple gallons to get a Falcon [biggrin].

TC

yes, "pearl" is right the finish is listed onthe warranty card as "white pearl" upon a close inspection you can see silver flake in the finish. It's cool...

It's white, the reddish hue you comment on crust maybe just a factor of the ambient light in the room.

<What's blood going for now a days? Probably have to sell a couple gallons to get a Falcon>

Yea, at last that and a kidney to get to +$3k!! [thumbup] and I hear you, I've got nothing to sell.

You'd think with 17 of these things with strings,,, - but no,, they're all "here" for a reason. that is I love cool guitars, !

yes, "pearl" is right the finish is listed onthe warranty card as "white pearl" upon a close inspection you can see silver flake in the finish. It's cool...

It's white, the reddish hue you comment on crust maybe just a factor of the ambient light in the room.

<What's blood going for now a days? Probably have to sell a couple gallons to get a Falcon>

Yea, at last that and a kidney to get to +$3k!! [thumbup] and I hear you, I've got nothing to sell.

You'd think with 17 of these things with strings,,, - but no,, they're all "here" for a reason. that is I love cool guitars, !

11 with strings & 10 amps with cords [thumbup][thumbup] and we're both very lucky to have wives that let us continue to be kids [biggrin]

Archived