Gibson Brands Forums

YES on tour now...

daveinspain

He's still performing just not with Yes apparently. Saw him on tour doing accoustic sets end of last year.

Jon was fired because he got sick too much. He found out that he had been replaced by reading about it on the internet.

That's sad to hear.

Jon was always a hard taskmaster but (IMHO) always got the very best out of the group.

I'm of the 'Anderson, Squire, Howe, Wakeman, Bruford' generation, however, so any subsequent change to that line-up (Alan White excepted) never really sounded 'right'.

P.

That's sad to hear.

Jon was always a hard taskmaster but (IMHO) always got the very best out of the group.

I'm of the 'Anderson, Squire, Howe, Wakeman, Bruford' generation, however, so any subsequent change to that line-up (Alan White excepted) never really sounded 'right'.

P.

I've seen the 3 times and it was always a great show. "Union" was the best of all possible worlds.

Yea, the interview I saw said that Chris Squire wanted to tour non stop. He told them he just couldn't do that anymore. He said he was getting old and needed a few days between gigs to rest his voice or the people wouldn't get a good show. Next thing he news he had been replaced and there was a new album in the works with a new singer.

He was doing shows with Rick Wakemen for a while. I'd pay to see that!

It's a shame to run it into the ground. To be fair, and to be not saying anything bad, they are about as relevant as I am. Fortunately, they can't take Close To The Edge away from me, and it contents me as far as Yes music goes. As Queen is without Freddie...

rct

That's sad to hear.

P.

I agree totally. Any other lineup just isn't the same.

Jon was fired because he got sick too much. He found out that he had been replaced by reading about it on the internet.

I didn't know this. I wasn't particularly a Yes fan but always aware of them and I think if that's true it's sad, disgusting and outrageous. Jon Anderson was the voice of Yes.

Archived