Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Epiphone Union Jack Sheraton waiting thread

sdgails

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emailed my rep today in the off chance there's been any update, he said:

'We've been told that these are shipping now, along with a few other ltd run models, so we should get them on our next shipment.

The last time I checked that was meant to arrive in the first couple of weeks of October (so it's a little earlier than the 31st)

We will try to get as accurate a time as possible, though that will only become possible nearer the time.'

Forgot to mention when the Sweetwater rep called me I asked him to please keep me informed via a SitRep (situation report) as to tge actual ship date of my guitar and he replied 'oh don't worry Luke, I'm keeping a close watch on this one for you.''

Chee-ya...Right! [sleep]

Video of someone playing/reviewing the guitar (in Japanese) here:

Thanks for posting,

Gawd, I thought that guy on the right would never stop jabbering so we could hear the Guitar. [flapper]

I think the minis sound pretty sweet.

Those Sweetwater guys are creepy

From the time you order until the moment it is shipped, you feel like the most important person on earth. Once the box leaves the warehouse, the romance is over. Kind of like romance in the late 60's, but I doubt that the sales engineer takes a shower and drives home. Still, I feel like yelling to my sales engineer "Will I hear from you again?????" as the FedEx truck drives off.

I ordered mine in June and was told it would ship 6/20/14. No luck. Then I was told end of July, no luck. Middle of August, no luck. Beginning of September, no luck. Now it's supposed to ship on 10/6. Should I hold my breath? Hmmm probably not. I got the song and dance about bad weather and customs and all the other BS he could think of. If you don't know, tell me you don't know. I'll respect you more than you blowing sunshine up my you know what. LA Music in Canada says they have "Limited Stock" Maybe I need to take a ride to the Great White North. Keeping fingers crossed.

I ordered mine in June and was told it would ship 6/20/14. No luck. Then I was told end of July, no luck. Middle of August, no luck. Beginning of September, no luck. Now it's supposed to ship on 10/6. Should I hold my breath? Hmmm probably not. I got the song and dance about bad weather and customs and all the other BS he could think of. If you don't know, tell me you don't know. I'll respect you more than you blowing sunshine up my you know what. LA Music in Canada says they have "Limited Stock" Maybe I need to take a ride to the Great White North. Keeping fingers crossed.

Hello imorgg,

Yes, it does seem like a long wait for those...msp_glare.gif in any event, please post a pic or 3 if and when you ever get it...and post some more if you may about any other guitars you may havemsp_thumbup.gif...It sounds like you like Epiphone guitars (you're still waiting and didn't cancel or get something else).

We like picture here... Epiphone guitar pictures...lolmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Going through the ritual google search for any update I notice Dawsons (uk) is listed as in stock! Apparently they have 28 in stock or on order! They were listed as sold out the same as most! Going to phone in the morning to see if it's just a website error! I'm beginning to question the delay and the amount made, the original quota was 100 worldwide and 300 for Europe. I know guitar guitar had 30 and now Dawson have 28, that's only two of the big 5 or 6 guitar shops in the uk, with nearly a third of Europe's numbers? Surely they've made more than the 1000?

Going through the ritual google search for any update I notice Dawsons (uk) is listed as in stock! Apparently they have 28 in stock or on order! They were listed as sold out the same as most! Going to phone in the morning to see if it's just a website error! I'm beginning to question the delay and the amount made, the original quota was 100 worldwide and 300 for Europe. I know guitar guitar had 30 and now Dawson have 28, that's only two of the big 5 or 6 guitar shops in the uk, with nearly a third of Europe's numbers? Surely they've made more than the 1000?

when Epiphone makes a limited number like 1000, they do not all hit the stores at one time. the factory may only send 100 or so to the US or UK at one time. take into consideration they are still making all the other LP's, SG's, and other archtops at the same time. more than likely, they'll receive more next month.

1412366193[/url]' post='1572699']

when Epiphone makes a limited number like 1000, they do not all hit the stores at one time. the factory may only send 100 or so to the US or UK at one time. take into consideration they are still making all the other LP's, SG's, and other archtops at the same time. more than likely, they'll receive more next month.

Sweetwater rep says they would be coming to them from Epiphone in 'small batches'from Sept 30-Oct.31.

Hello imorgg,

Yes, it does seem like a long wait for those...msp_glare.gif in any event, please post a pic or 3 if and when you ever get it...and post some more if you may about any other guitars you may havemsp_thumbup.gif...It sounds like you like Epiphone guitars (you're still waiting and didn't cancel or get something else).

We like picture here... Epiphone guitar pictures...lolmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Crust

I'll be sure to post pics when it ever gets here. It's frustrating to say the least. I've got $900 burning a hole in my pocket and I need to feed my GAS attack. If it's going to be any longer than ANOTHER month, I may cancel my order and pick up something else. Hmmm that new Flame Maple Plus Top Strat has been calling to me and it's less expensive too. C'mon Epiphone give me my new ax!! I'm not waiting forever. Probably better if I buy one used off of Ebay in a year or two. I'm sure this will drop a couple of hundred bucks in price just like my Ltd Ed 1960 reissue ver 1 Lester did. ARRRGGGGHHHH

To satisfy your desire of Epi pics, I hope this will make you happy.

Gibson/Epiphone's reply my question, "How many 'Limited' Union Jack Sheratons will be produced?" was very Bill Clinton-esque. The rep replied that "Limited" did not refer to the QUANTITY being produced but rather to PERIOD OF TIME the guitar would be available for purchase.

So the Gibson/Epiphone pre-order advertising boils down to, "It depends on what the meaning of 'Limited' is." Grrrrrrrrr.

I'd bet most folks assume "Limited" would mean a limited Quantity. So if anyone is buying this purely for rarity, you may be disappointed. And you should let Gibson/Epiphone know that you don't appreciate the (intentionally?) ambiguous use of the term "Limited..., since the run is essentially "limited" only to as many as they can crank out in a yet-to-be-determined (open-ended?) amount of time. Grrrrrr.

So hopefully your purchase decision is based largely (solely?) on your desire to own and play a nice guitar. Such is my case, but the Clinton-esque parsing of a term like "Limited" has left me - sadly - questioning future claims in Gibson/Epiphone literature.

BTW, I informed Gibson/Epiphone of the online claim by an authorized Epi reseller that the run was to be limited to 1000. I'll be watching to see if Gibson/Epiphone requires the reseller to stop making that bogus claim.

My guess is the delay is unexpected sales in asia, the chinese seem to go mad for uk branded things, unfortuantly we come second seemingly, as is maybe the case with the elitist riviera.if they were only ever going to make 1000 i guess they would have numbered them like the 62/50. I havent seen numbering mentioned anywhere. I like most pre ordered in march because of the 1000 only news! They will more than likely be on the walls of most shops next year!

Archived