Gibson Brands Forums

Ebola out break in U.S.

4Hayden

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gotta love folks that trust the CDC Atlanta......

a few yrs ago the CDC "lost" 4 vials of the most virulent smallpox virus known to mankind (of 7 vials slated to be destroyed)

this past March CDC Atlanta exposed 15 of their own employees to anthrax due to a "glitch" in safety procedures/equipment

has just changed its' equipment and handling procedure recommendations concerning Ebola for the 3rd time since the outbreak

Worried? Nope! I have no reason to be.

This country is full of fear mongers and those who buy into all of it. All people need to do is educate themselves a little, and they'll breath a sigh of relief.

Now… had I swapped spit with a Liberian woman who was showing symptoms, that would be another story.

And btw… "stopping all flights" is a lot easier said than done. You'd have to get ALL countries on-board with that idea, and that's not something that's going to happen.

Man, you have that right. We face a far greater threat from rampant stupidity and willful ignorance than we do with Ebola. At least Ebola can be cured. We're already infected with a plague of dimwits and no vaccine in sight.

Man, you have that right. We face a far greater threat from rampant stupidity and willful ignorance than we do with Ebola. At least Ebola can be cured. We're already infected with a plague of dimwits and no vaccine in sight.

When was an Ebola vaccine developed? This is great news!

gotta love folks that trust the CDC Atlanta......

If this is in reference to my post about reading ,Hot Zone', the book is anything but praise for CDC or USAMRIID.

If it's NOT in reference to my post about reading 'Hot Zone', then please disregard this post :)

When was an Ebola vaccine developed? This is great news!

No Ebola vaccine yet but 3 of the 4 Americans that contracted it have been cured (which is what I said in my post if you read it closely). Too bad for the one guy who was black, had no health insurance and was sent home to become even more ill while risking infecting others.

No Ebola vaccine yet but 3 of the 4 Americans that contracted it have been cured (which is what I said in my post if you read it closely).

I see. The jump from cure for Ebola to prevention of Stupidity took me with it :)

Have kinda avoided this one like the plague.. ha

Good to see so many people on the side of reason and not buying into all the media hype.

My first reaction to the title of this thread was,,, "what outbreak"?

I had to get online to see if I missed something since the update I heard the night before.

Too bad for the one guy who was black, had no health insurance and was sent home to become even more ill while risking infecting others.

Ya,, you said a mouthful right there my friend.

I don't make the news, I just report it ...

Ebola stocks surge as first case confirmed in New York City

Today 8:18 AM ET (MarketWatch)

Reports that a doctor in New York City has tested positive for Ebola sparked a rally in the shares of companies that manufacture hazmat suits and other protective gear in premarket trade Friday. Lakeland Industries Inc. (LAKE) , which makes hazmat suits, was up 17.3% to $17.90; Alpha Pro Tech (APT) , which makes protective goggles, was up 19.5% to $5.48; and Versar Inc. (VSR) , which manufactures hazmat suits and mobile decontamination shelters, was up 14.3% to $3.75.

CDC is now saying Don't get with in 3' of a Ebola carrier , fluids ? I think not

Ebola-Reston was air-transmitted contagion, thankfully limited to non-human primates.

This one is supposedly 97% Ebola-Zaire (90% fatal) ... which was suspected of being transmitted via aerosol during studies being conducted during the Reston outbreak.

Ebolas evolve.

Archived