Gibson Brands Forums

I Bit on A MF Stupid Deal of the Day This Morning

RevDavidLee

I was on the dang Gretsch forum this morning & a guy posted a link to the Stupid Deal of the day on Musicians Friend for this guitar (which I have wanted off & on for awhile now) on sale for $399 ($50 off) so I tapped it. Sighhhhh.. dang forums.. [biggrin]

J14056000001000-00-500x500.jpg

The good news is that MF has a generous 45 day return policy so if it doesn't ring my bell when it gets here - back it goes. :-"

Congrats awesome! You continue to amass an unbelievable collection!

I had to figure out that MF was musician's friend. I thought you were just excited and decided to exclaim as you announced. [thumbup]

Hey Rev,

What's the case look like for one of those? I wouldn't think it fits in a Jet case. Do they make a special one or just a gig bag?

Aster

I could not find a case for it so I just emailed Gretsch and asked them what case do they recommend. I read on another forum that a guy purchased a coffin case... I don't think I want that in my house [mellow][unsure]

Do they like any of the imported Gretsch stuf on the Gretsch forums? :rolleyes:

Yeah they actually seem to. One guy said it hurt his crotch or something when he sat down to play it. I dunno.. should've asked him to post a photo. I'm trying to picture how he was positioned with it. :blink:

[smile]

Congratulations Rev. I saw the deal this morning and was really tempted, but held back. I am in the process of selling a few of my guitars and amps so I didn't want to add another guitar. If it was red I don't think I could have resisted that deal. Looking forward to your review.

Kenny V

Thanks Kenny! Looking forward to playing it [smile]

I'm going to go crash but I wanted to post up the response I just received from Gretsch in regards to a case for this guitar. Pretty goofy & the guy sounds apologetic for his employer. As least they answered right away [biggrin]

Okay - here it is:

"Hi David,

Unfortunately a hard case was not developed for that instrument. You may consider using a rectangular G&G style case and adding some foam inserts to keep the guitar from sliding around.My apologies that we do not have more to offer. It really is unfortunate that we do not have a hard case available for that model."

:blink:

Sweet deal!

Looking forward to the review.

...One guy said it hurt his crotch or something when he sat down to play it. I dunno.. should've asked him to post a photo...

That might have contravened forum rule #2, Rev......

P.

Guys - I love the Bo Diddley guitar! [thumbup] I just put her down for a little bit after playing for an hour. The pups are hot & she holds tune very well. There's something about the shape of the thing that makes you want to play the blues and it sounds just as awesome clean as it does dirty. I have a feeling this one will just hang around the living room for wailing at will when I feel like it. I'm very happy with the purchase. The only "con" is that they didn't pay enough respect to Bo Diddley to design a hard case for this model. Grrrr [cursing]

Enjoy the photos!

Bo1_zpsycfuzct1.jpg

Bo2_zpsbjsqa6ji.jpg

Bo3_zpsbsgarslw.jpg

Bo4_zpsujq6pvxb.jpg

and no crotch injuries as yet I assume.

congrats - Guitar looks great!

There's something kind of cool about that cardboard box for a rectangular guitar - maybe you could get a case made up to look like one.

Archived