Gibson Brands Forums

Post Pics of Your Baby

colin4195

Im jealous LOL, I love EH effects and yes their new ones they got going right now are just out off the top. Go to

Electro harmonix website to see all of them. I have the HOG and foot switch for it. That should tell you how much Im

into them. I really wish I had the POG2 instead for size. I also have been listening to you tube videos. Did you hear the

one that did like an exact copy of Pink Floyd "Running ????????" can remember the rest. Its on Money or wish you were here.

so cool. Be careful it can get so addicting and before you know it you have spent a fortune on pedals from EH. That Sitar is

going to lead to more Im sorry. :)

Thanks.

Do you have a link for the Pink Floyd one, have not seen the video yet.

I ordered the EHX Talking Machine over the weekend, should have it Friday I hope to play around with it.

Yes, these new pedals are so much different from what I remember back in the early 70s when I had a few.

I subscribed to EHX's YouTube channel last week, been watching quite a few.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I also have a white 61 GOTW. I would say the neck on it and sound are unbelievable

Just pure bad ***. But mine has some construction defects that I just cant seem to see how

the guy did what he did. When he made the turn with the sander that they use to route the edges

straight right where the knobs are its like the dude dropped his cigarette and let the damn sanding

surface sand a noticeable notch into the the body. I didnt notice it for a long time and was so happy

with how it played that every time i think about it I blow it off but I was wondering does yours have some

weird construction flaw like mine?

Nothing that I've noticed although it did take about a year before the neck stopped being tacky feeling.

hey Bill, so how's the coil tap work for you? do you use em a lot?

Yes, I do use them for the a bit of a mellow single coil sound, but It has the Bursbuckers 2 and 3 and I prefer the scream those things have in double coil. [biggrin]

Yes, I do use them for the a bit of a mellow single coil sound, but It has the Bursbuckers 2 and 3 and I prefer the scream those things have in double coil. [biggrin]

Nice Bill! You bought my guitar's twin! Ebony board on yours right? Not a big fan of the taps but they have their uses.

Nice Bill! You bought my guitar's twin! Ebony board on yours right? Not a big fan of the taps but they have their uses.

Hey Jeff! Actually that is rosewood. It's very dark, from a few feet away you would swear it was ebony.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody!

Last week got my first Gibson, an SG Gothic Morte. I know and realize it´s not for every bodys liking, but I like the simple and dark looks of it. Seems like an excellent guitar...just today tried it for the first time with proper volume with our band. Have to tell you that those GEM pickups are one of the best sounding pups I´ve ever heard! Very good with lots of distortion...has lots and lots of crunch!!! Perfect sound for me! Only complaint, since I´m not used to the positioning of the controls in Gibsons, is that controlling the volume while playing is a bit tricky. But bet I´ll get used to that.

Anyway, here´s the pics of my new baby :)

post-44687-094194700 1339969248_thumb.jpg

post-44687-023141300 1339969265_thumb.jpg

Archived