Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It's convenient to see this conundrum as some sort of dualistic situation,- want vs need, but hopefully there's some sort of gray area between the two. Is there any room for someone's interests and their wanting to learn, to experience all of the items on the menu before deciding on a favorite? Even if that favorite changes as does the styles of music that they're into at the time.? 'Absolutely agree that a guitar is just a guitar. . . a vehicle that allows us to get the music out of us. And if I'd just put three kids through college/ two through grad school, I wouldn't feel too terribly guilty about exploring what comes up when I rolled the Gibson dice- they're Gibsons- you know they're always gonna be just a little bit different, even if they're the same model, blonde or 'burst. Awaiting that a/b
  3. Damn I am sick of that stupid top hat. It’s old Slash. Really old. Like Rick Wakeman and his capes.
  4. How many Les Paul’s does Joe Bonamassa have?
  5. Your words clearly needs more “C” ‘s and “W” ‘s in them.
  6. I liked his first solo album. Some of About Face was okay (saw him that tour), Island was not bad. Rattle I didn’t jive with, but he’s F-ing David Gilmour with. ‘U”. We scum bucket Americans wouldn’t spell it like that.
  7. It was damn cool. It was where the SJ Sharks skate. The first time Patrick Moraz was on synths and keys. Everytime I saw them, Lodge, Edge (not The Edge thankfully), Hayward and Thomas were playing. The keys player changed. The first time The Fixx opened. Damn good. The second Chicago, the last time with the orchestra, I think it was just them.
  8. Today
  9. The first single from David Gilmour 'Luck and Strange', released 6th September 2024 Not bad. And nice to see his LP out 🙂
  10. It's a Gibson made in 1938. The serial number will not tell what the model is however.
  11. Well you said he said they were one piece mahogany... I was just commenting that maybe they were like new old stock previous to Norlin and were just laying about so he was offered them or took them or whatever. And if that is the case it may be Honduran mahogany cos thats what they used to use. Maybe as they are original Gibson you can offer it back to Gibson so they can do a limited run with NOS Gibson parts 😄
  12. Thanks, Lars The guitar in the photo is my 1969 Gibson Jubilee. Had that guitar for over 50 years! in the photo of the 6 guitars, the one all the way to the tight is the Hummingbird Custom Koa.
  13. Just pointing out, it is unlikely he would have been doing too many repairs on what would have been new guitars back then. My guess is they were parts for older instruments that needed work. Also, there was a big fad back then of retrofitting truss rods in early solid necks, especially if they had gone out of shape. So yeah, I can see them being solid hog. Go and have fun! It sure can be eye-opening to hear about the adult life of our parents that the children don’t often get to see.
  14. Sign Your Name — Sheryl Crow Notes ♫
  15. Klapesztor, Spróbujmy naukowego podejścia do rozwiązywania problemów; Czy buczenie zmienia się, gdy odwracasz się tyłem do wzmacniacza? Czy wypróbowałeś różne kable gitarowe i inny wzmacniacz, aby sprawdzić, czy buczenie nadal występuje? Czy buczenie jest takie samo dla wszystkich trzech ustawień przełącznika wyboru przetwornika? 😐
  16. If you have the time, this is a great video featuring blues player extraordinaire, Robben Ford. Came across this video early this morning. Having seen Ford and I own a couple of his video lesson DVD, I thought I'd watch. Glad I did. Like the Hermida Zen Drive he uses. He still uses his Dumble Over Drive Special, but for smaller, recording sessions he now plays Little Walter Amps built by Phil Bradbury. Little Walter Amps I did want to add that for those of you who live across the pond in England, Robben know resides in London and will be playing more gigs there soon.
  17. I really enjoyed your version of Desperado. Well done! In your first picture, what is the guitar on the far right? Lars
  18. I saw them 3 times. Once with a full orchestra.
  19. najpierw upewnij się, że kabel jest dobry
  20. I agree. they were a great band. RIP Mike
  21. Heard the other day Mike Pinder of the classic Moody Blues era passed away. They were so good and people slagged them.
  22. Many have it could be a bad ground, but it also could be other issues. Start by seeing if you have a good ground every where you have metal on the guitar.
  23. Mahogany????.... I thought all Gibson Norlin Era Necks were 3-piece Maple
  24. Translated from Polish: I bought a new Gibson SG Bluberry Modern and it makes a humming noise. Has anyone had this problem?
  1. Load more activity