Gibson Brands Forums

Paige Capo

Buc McMaster

I ordered a Paige capo, received it today and I must say i like it. Very lightweight, easy to install and the infinitely adjustable tension screw is a snap to set right. You can even leave it on the guitar above the nut, which I could see as a distinct advantage if you're going on and off with a capo during a live performance. Pretty cool........ Anyone else tried one of these gizmos?

paigecapo1.jpg

paigecapo2.jpg

yip . about a month ago .. never used this style of capo and was looking at the fancy elliott capos , thought i would try a paige first and see if that style of capo worked as good as folk say . i think it does , i like its old fashioned look , goes with the guitars image better than theG7 one i was using .

AND it stays on the guitar which is such a huge help at gigs !

i like mine a lot

anyone wants to buy me an elliott or kateyz version , feel free

Buc....After looking at your links.....Could not take the time to read through them (sorry) ... have come to the realisation that you are a meticulous 'madman'! I am jealous of course... [rolleyes] ...and now I want to see some pics of them badass Bass that you catch from that boat.... [confused]

...and now I want to see some pics of them badass Bass that you catch from that boat....

Yes indeed, I am a meticulous madman. I thought I had hidden that fact quite well but your cunning has outed me. Does this qualify as a bad *** bass?

badassbass.jpg

(The Paige capo was $18 from Elderly)

Been using a Paige for years, Buc. Nice little capo. I like it for the slim, profile. It doesn't look like a radio antenna hanging off your guitar! Lately I've been using a Schubb Deluxe, which I like also.

I've checked out a half dozen different capos and have settled on the Schubb. I use Kysers around the home just for convenience, but because the rubber is different on the Schubb, I like how it handles the Med. John Pearse strings (13-56) better than anything I've tried. Yes, the Schubb in inconvenient, but it's a small price to pay for the quality of sound I'm hearing when I use it. This one looks a lot like the Schubb.

Okay, is it the capo in your left hand. . . .

Seriously speaking – It looks promising. Has the right basic timelessness. One of the important things for me is how they click on. I want it to be like setting the lid on a tray of butter. Kyser f.x., is too cramped for me.

Good pics btw.

Okay, is it the capo in your left hand. . . .

Seriously speaking – It looks promising. Has the right basic timelessness. One of the important things for me is how they click on. I want it to be like setting the lid on a tray of butter. Kyser f.x., is too cramped for me.

Good pics btw.

once you click it on it stays clicked on , the screw on the underside is undone and you slide the still clicked capo up over the nut where it lives until the next song wants it .

stays on the neck forever if you want , in case as well.

it is timeless Em7 . first capo was this design

( plleeeassee nobody say pencil and rubber band)

I recently saw Chuck Prophet open up for the Jayhawks and noticed him using one (..well I'm pretty sure its one!!!)

I really liked the way he simply slide it up and down the neck between songs and on standard tuning numbers just left it on the nut. I also think that the "Controlled Tension" feature will make a big difference from the Scubb's etc.

I've just order one of EBAY for £14.00

Heres a picture of Chuck using one on his Martin..

P1010321ps.jpg

Can anyone tell me if This capo will fit the huge honkin' neck of a J-45 Legend? I love my G7 capo, but it does not fit the Legend. If not the Paige, any other capos you know of that will fit?

i dont have specs or measurments but the paige goes to the 8th on my j45 . i dont see that as a problem but some might wanna go higher up .

if you have a fat neck the twelve string version might be the chap to have

I ordered a Paige capo, received it today and I must say i like it. Very lightweight, easy to install and the infinitely adjustable tension screw is a snap to set right. You can even leave it on the guitar above the nut, which I could see as a distinct advantage if you're going on and off with a capo during a live performance. Pretty cool........ Anyone else tried one of these gizmos?

Thanks for sharing these guys with us Buc...

You've converted me from a Schubb man to PAIGE. They are the best Capo out there IMO...

[thumbup]

Archived