Gibson Brands Forums

A little koa, anyone?

Buc McMaster

Yeah, yeah. It's not a guitar.....but it is quite stunning. The Collings UK3 I custom ordered last July (that would be 2012) arrived yesterday.......nearly a year to land it! About a month after I placed the order Collings stopped taking any further uke orders due to the backlog they had, so I got in just under the wire. They may have caught up or at least made some headway and may be taking new orders once again......I dunno. Anyway, I know you folks appreciate good wood and workmanship........thought you might like a look-see at the new concert uke..... [thumbup]

UK3SB-1.jpg

UK3SB-2.jpg

UK3SB-3.jpg

That uke is absolutely gorgeous.

I have never seen a Collings that did not have the highest build quality or did not sound great. Around these parts slightly used acosutics sell for as much as a brand new one. They are just things of beauty and a pure joy to look at.

Bill Collings can apparently build a heck of a guitar on his own. Collings started off as a one man operation. The company though has grown to around 80 to 85 people. They make just over 3000 acoustic and electric guitars, mandolins and ukes a year.

Does this Collings guy actually have a history of personally sitting at a bench & building guitars.. Im curious?

Oh yeah. Here's a little history from the website......Bill Collings

And, much to my surprise, this evening I just noticed the label inside is signed by none other than Mr Bill Collings hisownself.........sweet!

Archived