Gibson Brands Forums

Ghosts

zigzag

The first house my wife and I bought was haunted.

First a little background. The house was 150 year old glass house workers quarters, owned by an old woman who passed away and willed it to her grandson. The grandson and his wife sold the house dirt cheap (it was so cheap we could not get insurance for it because the minimum amount of insurance was 3x what we paid for the house). In the attic when we moved in we found about half dozen Quiji boards but none of the little triangle things. We thought that was a bit strange. Our neighbor told us the previous owner's wife was into the occult. The house was about 2 miles from a state mental institution for elderly people.

One night I was sleeping and was awaken by the dog who was whimpering in the hallway. I opened my eyes and saw what appeared to be an old woman kneeling beside the bed staring at me. I thought that she must have escaped from the mental institution and broken into the house. I wasn't sure what to do I was pretty much scared stiff. As I looked at her she started to rise upwards and I saw that her lower body was gone and just a sort of mist. She rose up above the bed and through the ceiling. As soon as she disappeared through the ceiling, the dog stopped whimpering.

I figured, I must have been dreaming. I never mentioned it to my wife because we owned the house, we were living in it. I didn't want to freak her out.

A couple weeks went by then I was was awakened again by my dog whimpering in the hallway. I saw the old woman again. She floated up through the ceiling again, the dog stopped whimpering again, but then my wife said, "Did you see that?"

I said, "See what?"

She said, "An old woman, at least it was her torso, the bottom half was just bubbles."

So, yeah. I believe in ghosts.

The first house my wife and I bought was haunted.

First a little background. The house was 150 year old glass house workers quarters, owned by an old woman who passed away and willed it to her grandson. The grandson and his wife sold the house dirt cheap (it was so cheap we could not get insurance for it because the minimum amount of insurance was 3x what we paid for the house). In the attic when we moved in we found about half dozen Quiji boards but none of the little triangle things. We thought that was a bit strange. Our neighbor told us the previous owner's wife was into the occult. The house was about 2 miles from a state mental institution for elderly people.

One night I was sleeping and was awaken by the dog who was whimpering in the hallway. I opened my eyes and saw what appeared to be an old woman kneeling beside the bed staring at me. I thought that she must have escaped from the mental institution and broken into the house. I wasn't sure what to do I was pretty much scared stiff. As I looked at her she started to rise upwards and I saw that her lower body was gone and just a sort of mist. She rose up above the bed and through the ceiling. As soon as she disappeared through the ceiling, the dog stopped whimpering.

I figured, I must have been dreaming. I never mentioned it to my wife because we owned the house, we were living in it. I didn't want to freak her out.

A couple weeks went by then I was was awakened again by my dog whimpering in the hallway. I saw the old woman again. She floated up through the ceiling again, the dog stopped whimpering again, but then my wife said, "Did you see that?"

I said, "See what?"

She said, "An old woman, at least it was her torso, the bottom half was just bubbles."

So, yeah. I believe in ghosts.

Unless people see things for themselves, they don't believe. Yet they believe and make their children believe in God when there isn't a shred of proof. No one has seen or heard from him ever. Yet billions believe and give their lives for/to him.

...Andea Perron, the author of a book that the movie, "The Conjuring," was based on....

My wife suggested we go see that at "Brewvies" the other night. I think she really just wanted the fish and chips and chardonnay with her movie, and I couldn't complain about that, Brewvies being a pretty cool moviehouse with a dozen beers on tap. She swears The Conjuring was a black comedy, apparently playing off a sort-of "true story." We did get in some laughs. We're talking about demons here. I never see any demons myself, which I'm sure is because I've got my Masai beaded choker that is specifically designed to ward off any and all danger. [smile]

:rolleyes:

I work in an old hospital. I'm too busy to care that hundreds of people have been, on some level, tortured and killed in those rooms. I am too busy to be spooked by those who have just passed because I'm cleaning the bodies and putting them in bags and filling tha paperwork. But I saw something one night that f'ed me up...and there was a witness.

I was in the hall (at the entrance to a dead end hall, to be precise). I work night shift, mind you, so no hustle or people running about. I was facing the wall, my co-worker was to my left charting on her computer looking out towards the dead end keeping an eye on our patients' room doors, which run parallel at either side of said hall. We were just chatting. There were four of us working that night. The tech was in a room very occupied bathing a guy. The third nurse was up front.

I was facing the wall, but the corner of my right eye captured something that moved swiftly from one side of the hall to the other, crossing it. I said nothing for a second. My co-worker said nothing. We got quiet at the same time. I said, "did you see that?" I was sure she'd wonder what I was talking about, I was sure I had imagined something. My co-worker said, "someone crossed the hall just now." I said, "that's not possible, all the doors are clossed, half our patients are bedfast or too weak to get up to pee." "It was probably the tech.." The tech came out with a big bag of dirty linen a few seconds later, "hey, were you in 553 just now?" I asked. "Oh, girl!" said the tech, "He was so dirty, blahblahblah..." The nurse looks at me and asks again, "so you were in that room this whole time and you never came out?" "Yeah, I've been in there for like, 45 minutes." The tech leaves us and I say, "dude, why would she cross fast from one room to another, and to be honest I didn't see doors open and I didn't see it go from one door to another." "Me neither," said the nurse. "What did you see?" I asked. She took a moment to say it out loud. " A shadow." And there it was. Rational people don't like admitting this sort of thing when it happens, and we're rational people. She described what I saw. WTF!

Now, mind you. I asked if she'd seen "that." I never said what I had seen or where because I did not want to give her an idea of what I had seen. All the same, somehow, the nurse knew what I had seen, she described it to me and what it had done.

I made my way down the hall and every door is shut. Every door. We go to the front and find the third nurse. It couldn't have been her.

This freaked me out only because another nurse was there to verify that I had seen something unexplainable.

I get that all the time. I walked past my office a few weeks ago around 2am. I'd just been to the toilet and was just walking past. I just gave a glance toward the room (double doors with glazed tops)and I'm sure I saw someone in a top hat in there (silhouette). I'd only got a lamp on so it was very dark. Over the next few nights as I was walking past (54=night time wc visits) I purposely looked in there and saw nothing. I rarely go in, so nothing had moved. In my entrance, many have seen a similar shape and all accounts match. I hear books falling on the floor during the night (ex Library and wooden floor) and footsteps above me (mezzanine level above my bedroom). I know it's not just me because my dogs react too. My young Staffie is always staring at the office doors. It as though someone is talking to him. I could write a book about it.

There's nothing bad about. So I just let whatever it is be.

I grew up in a haunted house in New Orleans. Renovating the attic into bedrooms was when icy-cold spots moving around, two kids playing in the attic when nobody's upstairs, singing coming from the attic when nobody's upstairs, etc became common occurences. If we played loud rock or metal in the attic, things in the next room would break, or windows or doors would start banging open & shut. Eventually we had the upstairs exorcised, not in the spirit of casting anything out but to pray for whoever they were to rest in peace. No more haunting since. My wife & her family think it's a crock.

Archived