Gibson Brands Forums

MV's GIbson J 45 Goldtop

JuanCarlosVejar

is it me? or the low strings sound dull??? i wouldn't buy this one... and not for a cosmetic reason..

and if it was mine i'd try to change the strings for brighter ones, then change the nut for a bone nut.. and if the dull low strings are not fixed, would definitivly sell it..

I've never been a huge fan of gold tops, even on LPs. Now the details -- the tuners, buttons, fret markers...and they could add neck binding...put all that on a burst and it would be beautiful. Tradition be damned, I"ve got an OJ, I don't need any more tradition! :)

P

That was my point, there is no enduring tradition on Gibson models, re: past Bird thread as to bodies. [thumbup]

i think that's pretty damn cool. not saying i would buy it but i like the intent. i like the coming together of the lp and the 45. plus--seeing the grain through is pretty cool.

horses for courses ladies and gents.....

Not my cup of tea but I am glad that Gibson mixes it up like this...I wonder how many J-45 variants are out there now....if you are a J-45 collector/completist you probably live in a bigger house than I do. Of the color varieties I have seen, I like the vintage cherry red ones, but nothing is better than Gibson Vintage Sunburst IMHO.

Archived