Gibson Brands Forums

Greetings from Europe!

Twiz

Great to hear things are going sweetly!

[thumbup]

I think I remember reading you aren't making it to the UK this time? If so that's a pity.

As a matter of interest are you hiring the back-line or did you take it with you?

P.

Thanks guys. We just played a show in Brussels. Tomorrow we're heading to Munich to do a show with Pentagram. I'm flying home on Monday. This has definitely been a life changing experience. I look at the world a lot differently now. Some of my favorite cities from tour are Würzburg, Dresden (both are so beautiful), Zürich (this was my favorite gig to play... people went crazy), Groningen (Vera was my favorite venue, and EVERYONE rides a bike there. So cool!), and Berlin was amazing.

Touring Europe is a lot different than the US at this level. You get fed 2 (sometimes 3) meals, a place to stay, and the venue pays you! Beer is incredible here, and I honestly haven't had a bad one yet. Everyone we've met has been super awesome and friendly.

Things that suck... Waiting. That's all you do pretty much. Sit in a van, or wait for sound check, or wait for food, or wait to load out, blah blah blah.

Speaking of loading out, I gotta go do that now. I'll check in with you guys again when I get some wifi. Cheers.

-T

Thanks guys. We just played a show in Brussels. Tomorrow we're heading to Munich to do a show with Pentagram. I'm flying home on Monday. This has definitely been a life changing experience. I look at the world a lot differently now. Some of my favorite cities from tour are Würzburg, Dresden (both are so beautiful), Zürich (this was my favorite gig to play... people went crazy), Groningen (Vera was my favorite venue, and EVERYONE rides a bike there. So cool!), and Berlin was amazing.

Touring Europe is a lot different than the US at this level. You get fed 2 (sometimes 3) meals, a place to stay, and the venue pays you! Beer is incredible here, and I honestly haven't had a bad one yet. Everyone we've met has been super awesome and friendly.

Things that suck... Waiting. That's all you do pretty much. Sit in a van, or wait for sound check, or wait for food, or wait to load out, blah blah blah.

Speaking of loading out, I gotta go do that now. I'll check in with you guys again when I get some wifi. Cheers.

-T

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, we got back a couple weeks ago. Tour ruled! I already want to go back! Haha. Anyway, I didn't want to start a new thread just to post a vid, so I brought this thread back. Here's a video someone shot of us in Brussels. They went a little crazy with the fog, but it sounds pretty good. There are two songs in this video.

I can't get the video to post here on the page though. The 'Insert Media' button doesn't seem to be working. Sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EgI4FZ2zEc

Excellent stuff, Twiz!

Good vid, too. Next time make sure you have a stop-over in the UK, eh?

[thumbup]

P.

Definitely. This tour was already booked, and we were just the opener so we just had to go where they told us. I think within the next year, we're probably going back over. There's a chance we might get on a fest in the UK. I'm not sure of the name of it. I'll let you know!

Definitely. This tour was already booked, and we were just the opener so we just had to go where they told us. I think within the next year, we're probably going back over. There's a chance we might get on a fest in the UK. I'm not sure of the name of it. I'll let you know!

Great vid Twiz. Let me know if you do come to the UK within the next year. I run live music events for my uni in Derby and It'd be great to have you perform

Archived