Gibson Brands Forums

What do you think of gold guitars ?

crust

It seems to be well made. It's got an OD and an anti feedback button (I believe). This guitar sounds delightful at the volume I played at earlier. Some SS amps sound "stark" and kind of "tinny". This particular amp sounds great, but no reverb, just a pretty straight forward amp with a 1/8 headphone and AUX in plug. I haven't hooked up the multi effects things yet (ZOOM G2Nu, Digitech whammy, some TC Electronics loopers, distort pedals.... [biggrin] ). I'll have a better feel for it tomorrow when I can crank it (too many kids here today) <_< [biggrin]

My plan is to hitch this, and another amp (Hiwatt Bulldog 20) to the stereo xlr outs of the Mustang 3 v2 amp, tomorrow I'm going to hitch it all up and see...maybe annoy the neighbors a little...lol [mellow][unsure][biggrin]

I am in need of a new practice amp and have been keeping my eye on that acoustic amp. Do you like it?

My vision has come to fruition. When I got the Fender Mustang III v2 with stereo xlr outputs, I wanted to connect additional amps to it. Well, after saving a bit, the amps I choose are a Bugera v5 and the 2x12 cab for it, a HIWATT Bulldog 20 and the Acoustic lead 20. Those 2 are being fed the output from the other (left) xlr output port, into a ZOOM G2Nu and that into a NuX Amp Force modeler with stereo outs. Those go to the HIWATT and Acoustic amps. The other (right) xlr goes to the Bugera. Loud as all get out and infinite "tones". More effects, two TC electronics loopers (flashback v1 and transition) and a Electro-Harmonics sitar simulator in the chain, along with the additional effects available from the software (Fender "FUSE") that "runs" the Mustang amp. So, 5 "expression" pedals (2 for the sitar, lead and sympathetic string volume, 1 for the Mustang,1 for the ZOOM thing and 1 for the "Whammy" effects pedal), and 10 foot switch buttons (a 2 and 4 button controller for the Mustang, and 2 each on the ZOOM and NuX) as well as 3 separate modelers (Mustang, NuX, ZOOM). lol make for some unreal sounds [thumbup]

I also have a Boss distort pedal and Digitech Whammy v5 and the MIDI controller 2 button thing to throw in there too, adds additional volume. That's 12 footswitch buttons total, lolx12 [smile][mellow] or 18 with the 3 additional effects pedals (2 loopers and the distort)

I haven't fed the output into the mixing board I have, later on I will attempt to hitch that up with the rig and see what kind of output it will produce.

So, that is my present rig...lol [thumbup]

I really like gold tops/gold guitars. Love to have me a gold top Les Paul in my collection. One gold guitar I really fell in love with was back when Fender had the all gold 50th Anniversary Stratocaster and, man, that guitar was a beauty. Love to find me one of those used and get my hands on one of those as well.

Congrats, Crust - HNGD! [thumbup]

Until now, for me a gold finish always was the biggest deal breaker next to aged/relic'd etc. Interestingly I have to say that some of Fenders new fancy colours including gold look nice on Telecasters to my eyes.

It is perhaps worth noting that DaveinSpain (member on here) has a real Gold Leaf covered Les Paul which (IMO) looks absolutely stunning. It gives a new meaning the term "Gold Top" and there are pics of it somewhere on this site. I don't know how the gold leafing was done (don't know much about that sort of work) but there is nothing like real gold to grab the eye.

Archived