Gibson Brands Forums

Sweetwater Custom Gibsons

Rabs

Ive been perusing the net today to see what other new Gibsons I can see coming (cos those wildwood pages have gone?) and came across these at Sweetwater.. It seems that they are Sweetwater only? man some of those are real nice

http://www.sweetwater.com/c590--Solidbody_Guitars/newest/pn1/params=eyJkaW1lbnNpb24iOnsiQnJhbmQiOlsiNDI5NDk2NzIzMyIsIjQyOTQ5NjcyMDMiXX19 (order by newest product)

check these

CS301189-front-large_zpsfeb3a740.jpgCS203161-front-large_zpsc2d35b69.jpgCS301163-front-large_zpsaadba7ee.jpg

CS202862-front-large_zpsce833add.jpgCS301605-front-large_zps1a17e5ee.jpgCS301182-front-large_zps474e23f4.jpgCS301336-body-large_zpsb401b331.jpg

notice as well that all of those funky coloured ones have coloured binding all the way around.. pretty different [thumbup]

hows about this Sweetwater '59 Reissue Les Paul - Aurum Burst

931633-front-large_zps110a5db9.jpg

Very sweet '59 reissue! [thumbup]

The coloured bindings and headstock inlays shown in your first post are not to my taste. Think they rather were deal-breakers for me. In contrary, some of the tops and top finishes look nice to my eyes.

Man, what a beautiful Explorer - figured top, no pickguard, ABR-1 bridge, all in all darn nice! [thumbup]

You may think I'm crazy, but the Explorer is the only one, that interests me. [unsure] :unsure: [tongue]

CB

I second that emotion. [thumbup]

Think they have only one of them for sale [biggrin]

That ''metallic red swirl'' one looks like the maple cap been attacked by fungi!.......Description: Tar spot is an ugly but mostly harmless disease that strikes several maple species.

And I know i'll get shot down in flames for this....but an L.P. ain't an L.P. unless it's got a pickguard/scratchplate fitted.[omg]

Oh boy - All those colored ones except the orange one look like they were never intonated during setup at the factory. It'd be interesting to see if that gets fixed during the inspection and setup process at Sweetwater. :unsure:

Your right.I didn't notice that to you pointed it out.

Oh boy - All those colored ones except the orange one look like they were never intonated during setup at the factory. It'd be interesting to see if that gets fixed during the inspection and setup process at Sweetwater. :unsure:

Sad, but true. Shouldn't have been pictured that way for such alert eyes as yours.

Well, with all the different types of mahogany trees there are, it's a wonder that more people are not talking about the density of the wood, the density of the different maple trees and just the density of it all, I suppose.

[thumbup]

The guitar is like your density!

http://www.differencebetween.info/difference-between-rosewood-and-mahogany

However, due to the high demand for mahogany, has led to overlogging of the trees. This has in turn led to CITES listing Swietenia mahagoni on its endangered list, while S. macrophylla King, and S. humilis Zucc are listed as vulnerable.

Archived