Gibson Brands Forums

RIP Paul Walker

jaxson50

RIP The driver. Not mentioned because he wasn't the famous (?) one

Roger Rodas. President of the company Walker was invested in. I'm only guessing here, but I smell alcohol and excessive speed, especially since Rodas (driving) was an "ex" racer. Regardless of the circumstances, sad nonetheless.

This is very tragic, don't get me wrong, but how ironic (is that the word? no? i didn't think so) that he died in a car crash.

yeah, it's a coincidence that he died in a car crash and starred in those 'fast and furious' movies. mistaking coincidence and irony is the most common mistake in the english language. i see broadcasters on tv mess it up everyday, and it bothers me to no end.... ](*,)

yeah, it's a coincidence that he died in a car crash and starred in those 'fast and furious' movies. mistaking coincidence and irony is the most common mistake in the english language. i see broadcasters on tv mess it up everyday, and it bothers me to no end.... ](*,)

Two people are dead and you're bothered about semantics? Hmmm... As the saying goes, "I'm just sayin'..."

Two people are dead and you're bothered about semantics? Hmmm... As the saying goes, "I'm just sayin'..."

well, the semantics bother me regardless of people dying or being born etc. it's a shame that bad driving killed these two people, but life and death happen every second of everyday all over the world. it's just a fact. we all have to walk thru the exit door one day. just sayin....

It really is sad whether he was driving the car or Paul was driving as it is being stated.

They have posted the video of the actual crash as it was caught on a security camera up the street, and there is no way any one could survive an impact like that.

The fireball was huge. It looked like a plane crash the fireball was so big.

Not just in the English language I think. Journalists and anchor(wo)men do change them by mistake in German, too. In my opinion, it's a coincidence that the amateur racer Roger Rodas died in a car accident. In contrary, it can be seen as an irony that an actor being well famous for his character as invincible master of car races was killed hereby.

I hope that the charity works will be continued by other persons in terms of Walker's attitude.

I never cared for those Fast and Furious movies, so I didn't really know much about him. But everything I have heard is that he was a really good person who did a lot of charity and treated his fans really well.

One story in particular was how about 10 years ago he was in a jewelry store and witnessed a soldier about to be deployed and his fiance looking at rings. He anonymously (at that time) called the store employee over and had him put the ring on his bill.

In other news, Paul Walker started smoking...

<uncomfortable giggle or two, sounds of glasses clinking, ashtrays sliding>

Too soon? I'm sorry, too soon, yer right.

I'll be here all week folks, enjoy the buffet.

rct

Archived