Gibson Brands Forums

Ill admit it

moparguy

I thought Bruno Mars did a good job on the halftime show last night. I thought he was very entertaining. I don't know his music, but Ive heard the songs he played last night, on the radio ( I work with guys that are a lot younger than me and listen to him). The Chili Peppers didn't really fit in to his act but, they rocked the house also. Ive seen him on Palladia Channel and he plays a decent guitar also, to bad the game wasn't closer. P.S. Im not givin up my man card cause I liked Bruno Mars [flapper]

hold onto your card. cuz i think he's talented as well. he and his entire band. i had never heard of him until awhile back when they were on Saturday Night Live. I thought, jeez, who is this guy. Talent !. not just a bunch of idiots with voice machines, pyrotechnics and 20 choreographed dancers onstage, to distract you from the fact that the music sucks. my daughters think its funny that i like him. while he's the face and the name, the whole band is excellent... its good to see young talent

I've been aware of his talent for about a year or two now. He doesn't do the type of music that I would go out of my way to listen to, but there is no denying he is very good at his craft and clearly works hard at it. He kinda has an old Motown vibe IMO.

For once I gotta agree with gsg. Those guys might be talented, but if they are the face of modern pop, I have been left behind. Never have been that much into the Peppers, either, but like most other bands, I do like a few of their tunes. No good reason to eagerly anticipate a wardrobe malfunction.

It wasn't the Peppers choice. It was the NFL. With only a few minutes to set up a stage to the largest viewing audience around, the NFL didn't want anything to go wrong. The vocals were live, and if Flea left his bass un wired, he wasn't trying to fool anyone. That boy can play that thing, and if you have ever seen them live, you know they "jump around" a lot. Flea has come clean about it being pre-recorded and says he would do it again. He's not Milli Vanilli.

IMHO

Archived