Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul in NYC

Space Pup

I went to NYC Monday and saw Les Paul at the Iridium Jazz Club. The man puts on a good show for being 93 years old. We sat right in front of him, It's pretty humbling to see a living legend play up close like that.

He used two LP Recording models w/ bigsby's, a black one during the first show and a gold top during the second show. His pedal board was right in front of me so I got a good look at it. All Boss pedals, Chromatic Tuner TU2 - Super Chorus CH1 - Digital Delay DD3 - Tremolo/ Pan PN2 - Digital Delay DD6 - Digital Reverb/ Delay RV3.

If you are ever in NYC on a Monday night I highly recomend going to see him.

That's great to hear. I get to NYC at least once a year but just never seem to find time to get to see the legend. I'll need to force myself next time. So what kind of tunes did he play? I hope he did a lot of instrumentals!

Great stuff guys!!!

How difficult is it to get tickets? Do you have to apply months in advance or anything?

My wife is talking about a present of a trip to NY and I'd really love to go to the club.

I heard he can get quite crusty.....

Err......How Crusty?! Should I take along a TRC just in case he's in a good mood? :-k

Great stuff guys!!!

How difficult is it to get tickets? Do you have to apply months in advance or anything?

My wife is talking about a present of a trip to NY and I'd really love to go to the club.

Err......How Crusty?! Should I take along a TRC just in case he's in a good mood? :P

I got the tickets from Iridium's website. I ordered them just before christmas and had them in four days. If you go to see him keep this in mind. He has a 8:00pm and 10:00pm show, I actualy stayed for both. Depending on how he feels afterwadrs he comes out after the 10:00pm show sits down at one of the tables and will sign autographs. When I was there he must have signed at least eight guitars along with numerous photos, CDs, and other stuff. I got an LP pick guard signed.

Tell her you plan to serenade her in time square or central park...It's worth a shot.:-k

Hah! Like she'd fall for that one again.......

Perhaps I should just buy another one when she's not looking......................

:-k :) :-k :) [-(

Archived