Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

pauly

Thanks guys. It sounds good, feels good. Fret ends need a touch of file, nothing major. The pups were too high and a little brightish sounding till I backed them down some which gave it a fuller thicker tone. The pups respond well to pick attack for me and once I got the tone and volumes dialed in on the amp ( Egnater Tourmaster 4212) they sounded darn good to me. I've found it fairly easy to go from clean country leads to a breakup bite/growel with just tweaking the volume pot. Havent had a pedal on it yet at all. All in all I have to say definitely worth the bucks and the Zebra 61's I think will work well for me and what I play.

Told you there was no downside to the SGJ!

Surprised the fret ends were rough...mine was set up perfectly (smooth frets, great action, intonation already dialed in, etc.). I DID drop the bridge pic up a hair though.

Yep, that slightly driven tone is where the '61s shine. You WILL find lots of other highly usable sounds over the next few days, but that's the one I keep coming back to.

They do a really credible Angus Young too (probably no real surprise being an SG), but there's a boat-load of tones on the SGJ's pallette.

ENJOY!

Told you there was no downside to the SGJ!

Surprised the fret ends were rough...mine was set up perfectly (smooth frets, great action, intonation already dialed in, etc.). I DID drop the bridge pic up a hair though.

Yep, that slightly driven tone is where the '61s shine. You WILL find lots of other highly usable sounds over the next few days, but that's the one I keep coming back to.

They do a really credible Angus Young too (probably no real surprise being an SG), but there's a boat-load of tones on the SGJ's pallette.

ENJOY!

Frets were really good...I have a habit of hooking my thumb over the fretboard on some chords, its me not the neck. Heckuava deal I think! The more I play it the better I like it.

Thanks all, I'm like a kid with a new toy lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived