Gibson Brands Forums

J45 Elite

kidblast

Been going back and forth down "hospital row" in Boston lately (brother in-law is recovering from surgery at Brighams)

Go right by the Boston GC..

yesterday I was going in alone to pick up my wife, who's been staying up there with her mom during the first days of the recovery.

So with time to kill I ventured in to the Guitar Center that's right on the corner near Fenway,

Eventually I wandered into the acoustic room (the BACK room where the high end guitars are)

Picked up a J45 Elite, I knew instantly, shouldn't have done thhis. !! Wow !! I left thinking,, this should be coming home with me...

I was talking to the guy who was overseeing the area, said it just came in a few days ago and "it probably wont be here for long".

he's most definitely right. I am fighting this one really hard...

It had a pickup installed, I dared not ask what or plug it in. I'm afraid that would have iced it for me..

My bro-inlaw will be there for at leas another week,, meaning I'll be driving by that store more than once or twice..

someone,,

please...

help me........

kidblast, it's tough to say "No" when a guitar calls your name. To buy or not is certainly your decision. For myself, providing I had the funds available, there's a good chance I'd buy it. It's not likely that telling myself "you already have seven Gibsons and a dozen other guitars" would make any difference..........And if you don't buy it you can always tell stories about "the one that got away."....lol.......Have fun hunting.

What is the J45 Elite?

Uh...well at least we know it's not a J-45 standard.....or a J-45 custom...or a true vintage J-45..or is that a New vintage J-45?...no wait that was a true vintage Hummingbird which is now a New vintage Hummingbird!.......oh I don't know there must be 20 other J-45's, I wanted to buy one but gave up! eusa_wall.gif

Time to bust out OWF's latest J-45 models list - http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/114031-how-many-j-45s-are-there/page__view__findpost__p__1543311

And I see the J-45 Elite is not there - so - yet another model goes on the list - #57. . . B)

1.GIbson J-45 Classic

2.GIbson J-45 Modern

3.GIbson J-45 Custom

4.GIbson J-45 True Vintage

5.GIbson J-45 Pro

6.GIbson J-45 Artist

7.GIbson J-45 New Vintage

8.GIbson J-45 American

9.GIbson J-45 Legend

10.GIbson J-45 Studio

11.GIbson J-45 Pre-war

12. GIbson J-45 Deluxe

13. GIbson J-45 Limited

14. GIbson J-45 Standard

15. GIbson J-45 Studio reissue

16. GIbson J-45 Custom Koa

17. GIbson J-45 Custom Maple

18. GIbson J-45 Custom Rosewood

19. GIbson J-45 Long scale

20. GIbson J-45 Antique Natural

21. GIbson J-45 LTD 1960'S J-45 ,Ebony Black

22. GIbson J-45 LTD 1968 J-45 ,Cherry Red Finish

23. Gibson J-45 - Wine Red

24. Gibson J-45 - Vintage Sunburst

25.Gibson J-45 Cobraburst

26. Gibson J-45 Amberburst

27. Gibson J-45 Red Spruce Sunsetburst

28. Gibson J-45 Historic collection

29. Gibson Brad Paisley Signature J-45

30. Gibson John Hiatt Signature J-45

31. Gibson J-45 Celebrity

32. Gibson J-45 Reissue

33. Gibson J-45 Dwight Yoakam Honky Tonk Deuce

34. Gibson J-45 Custom Vine Rosewood

35. Gibson J-45 Reissue Historic

36. Gibson J-45 V.O.S.

37. Gibson J-45 Pure voice

38. Gibson J-45 Koa Maui Wowie

39. Gibson Standard CST J45 Madagascar Rosewood

40. Gibson J-45 Western

41. Gibson J-45 Modern Classic

42. Gibson J-45 Gold top

43. Gibson J-45 Brazilian

44. Gibson J-45 Flamed Maple LTD

45. Gibson J-45 Mystic Rosewood

46. Gibson Kazuyoshi Saito signature J-45

47. Gibson J-45 Banner WWII

48. Gibson J-45 Donovan

49. Gibson J-45 "Northern"

50. Gibson J45 Pelham Blue

51. Gibson J45 Brown Top

52. Gibson Ltd. J-45 "White"

53. Gibson J-45 Zebra Wood

54. Gibson "Early" J-45

55. Gibson "Buddy Holly" J-45

56. Gibson J-45 "Mellow Yellow"

Mine is a J-45 Custom Elite, issued this year as part of the monthly 5-Star dealer models. Says "Elite" on the TRC and everything...

Hog, adi top, baggs anthem, honey burst.

And I am still a very happy girl.

Uh...well at least we know it's not a J-45 standard.....or a J-45 custom...or a true vintage J-45..or is that a New vintage J-45?...no wait that was a true vintage Hummingbird which is now a New vintage Hummingbird!.......oh I don't know there must be 20 other J-45's, I wanted to buy one but gave up! eusa_wall.gif

OWF put this list together several months ago - tongue in cheek. Many on the list are no longer in production. Many were limited edition (ex. Runs of 50). Some are only color differences (brown, cobra, pelham blue). So, once you sort through the pepper and the fly specks - it's not really that complicated. I appreciate the variety - it allowed me to get exactly what I wanted = #16.

it's tempting..

If I were to actually set out to do this, I'd probably have to cull the heard a bit,

$3k is a good chunk that I don't have access to at the moment,

and if I was going to do this,, I'd probably just go seek out a J200... which is one of the Bucket List items

Time to bust out OWF's latest J-45 models list - http://forum.gibson....ost__p__1543311

And I see the J-45 Elite is not there - so - yet another model goes on the list - #57. . . B)

OMG...no wonder I don't have a J-45. It would take 10 years of research to figure out which J-45 does what from another J-45! ....Sort of like Imelda Marco's shoe closet isn't it?! ...20,000 different pairs of designer shoes which all do the same thing! Now I think I under the J-45 scenario a bit better! eusa_wall.gif

Guitarlight, I agree there are too many models of some Gibsons, but I tend to think it would be pretty easy to find a good J45, no matter what particular version one might choose. I'm not a fan of all these different J45s, Hummingbirds, and J200s, but I am a fan of each individual guitar. I doubt we'd find one clunker in the whole conglomeration......For me, a J45 should be mahogany, but for others they love rosewood. Lots of differences and they all give a guitar its own personality.

Archived