Gibson Brands Forums

Glen Campbell's last video.

MissouriPicker

Glen Campbell is reported to be in the final stage of Alzheimer's. They say his mental capacity is greatly diminished and rapidly getting worse. Anyway, here's his last video and it's a real heartbreaker. He paid the price for his mistakes and he's faced this disease with a great deal of dignity.

Steve, I think his tour is over. He's under 24hr care now. There is a documentary about him being released this fall. I think it was made by the same guy who did Walk The Line. He did nearly 130 shows in his final tour. Incredible.

Yes the way I read it was he is officially done..and is basically in the final stages of the disease which means he will not be with us that much longer. The final song and video is a heartbreaker.."I'm not gonna miss you" Ironic.

that is heart breaker for sure. Glenn Campbell was one of the reasons I wanted to get a guitar when I was like 7 or 8.

and,

I know all too well what happens with this disease, my dad was diagnosed with this back in 1993, my mom cared for him as long as she could but he was in nursing home by 1995 (admitted there on December 23rd, that wasn't a good Christmas), he was gone by 1998.

sad...

Archived