Gibson Brands Forums

aj-45 me, serious gas affliction

revolver66

Well this serves me right. Friday afternoon, finished work. Daughter makes me a lovely cup of tea, so i settle down for a quick surf on the net. Specifically it was to look at the Thomann website where a good friend purchased a superb Guild 12 string at a great price.

So just thought i would look at the Epiphone section and saw this new(scheduled release Spring 2015) aj-45 Masterbilt.

It looks great and so do the specs. Price is £397GBP!!!. I have no experience of the Masterbilts, only my IB 1964 Texan which is awesome. Could i risk possible divorce for this?. Why did I log on, why did I log on?

I've got that same Texan and I'm getting that same AJ-45ME. I'm not expecting it to sound better than my Texan, but having a top quality AE vintage burst slope shoulder is totally worth it in my book. Had I known this was truly coming out, I would have held off on buying my AJ-220S.

I'd take the divorce! Having owned 27 extremely fine high end guitars in my life, Gibsons, Martins, Taylors, Guilds, RainSong graphite's, and more....among all those have been just three Epiphone Masterbilts. Rating all three on a scale of 1-10...each one comes in at 100. ....The new Masterbilt J-45 soon to appear??? ...Oh yes indeed....... And the line starts here! msp_thumbup.gif

I think this going to be a next purchase(along with some serious 'sucking up' to the wife). In a lot of ways I hope this doesn't sound like a Gibson. My IB 1964 Texan is 'Martinesque' in tone, so i'm sure the AJ45 ME will have it's own unique voice.

I'm really happy it's short scale. The sunburst looks nice, bone nut and saddle, old style tuners, i could go on. The Thomann price looks ridiculous. I wonder what it will RRP for in the UK?

I think this going to be a next purchase(along with some serious 'sucking up' to the wife). In a lot of ways I hope this doesn't sound like a Gibson. My IB 1964 Texan is 'Martinesque' in tone, so i'm sure the AJ45 ME will have it's own unique voice.

I'm really happy it's short scale. The sunburst looks nice, bone nut and saddle, old style tuners, i could go on. The Thomann price looks ridiculous. I wonder what it will RRP for in the UK?

as far as I've seen the 700 Canadian range

I'm in line too. My Aj-500M is a beautiful sounding guitar and I have no doubt the J-45 will sound amazing. Masterbilts are really a joy to own play.

My guitar center guy checked in with Epiphone and they said 90-120 days out from Feb 1......if thats correct it will be April-Mayish when we can see them.

db

I just started a thread asking for opinions on the Dr 500 and the Texan and someone suggested this as an alternative. I said there's no solid release date or price for this model but after reading your post i had to check the Thomann site and 8th April is what it says. This really does complicate things. It's cheaper than the 500 as well. Damn this is hard, what's a man to do when the choices just keep piling up?

Pete

Mine's ordered - I'm not going to miss out on this one if I can help it. I pondered but decided that the Euro is at a good rate at the moment and I have noticed that Thomann are putting up prices at the moment. I bought a Squier Classic Vibe Tele 50's earlier this week from them and it has gone up by 30 Euros since I got it. Still a good price though even now.

I just started a thread asking for opinions on the Dr 500 and the Texan and someone suggested this as an alternative. I said there's no solid release date or price for this model but after reading your post i had to check the Thomann site and 8th April is what it says. This really does complicate things. It's cheaper than the 500 as well. Damn this is hard, what's a man to do when the choices just keep piling up

Pete

Depends if you want a short scale or not and if you like the natural satin finish. My DR500 MCE is my favorite Masterbilt hands down. You won't go wrong either way!

Archived