Gibson Brands Forums

An open plea to Homz

James Allen

Okay, Homz, we get it. You are putting up some pretty lame posts that do not inspire much passion or thought from any of us.

I admit that there are those who did not like the content or the intensity of some of your posts, but there were a few of us who enjoyed the intense repartee. Those of us who enjoy the occasional debate in the forum would like to have the old Homz back. You know, the one who was passionate and had the ability to really piss us off at times, seemingly just to start some s**t.

I beseech you to at least post something more interesting than "i like guitars, and peanuts." Although peanuts had the potential to become interesting.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How old are you? Are you that desperate for attention?

Ok, I'll bite. I am a Virgo and am currently a co-ed attending State College studying psychology. I hope some day to help underprivileged children in Central America. I took 3 weeks of guitar lessens when I was 9 and my teacher told me I had no aptitude for music so I quit. My daddy played guitar and so I thought I could make some friends on this forum. If I am bothering you I could just go away. Sorry for all the trouble I have caused.

You should see what happens when a girl does post here. Needless to say she gets her share of attention!

lol reminds me of when i used to play counterstrike when i was in college. you get all these lame-*** gamer dweebs (that made me look cool by comparison) online and the second a chick uses the microphone, in unison they all say things like "are you hot?"

well its a friday night and we're playing counterstrike, wtf do you think?

Well it looks like our friend Homz has gone. He deleted all his posts and threads.

Didn't mean to drive him off guys, but he was starting to annoy the sh*t out of me. He never made much sense to me. All he did was post in the lounge--never once had a guitar-related question.

I knew Homz was controversial, but I liked the back and forth. At least he wasn't CAPS LOCK. I know he had some folks that didn't like him, and I was thinking he'd left the forums, but was just curious to see if he was still out there.

Curious about the women on the forums thing. Have there ever been? I've only been on for awhile and haven't seen any. I've seen some on the Fender forums. I'm always curious to see if thier reasons for picking up the guitar are the same for the guys.

The only women we get around here are wives and girlfriends of gibson lovers. They usually want some advice on which guitars to buy their significant others for X-mas or their birthdays.

Axe and Thunder usually drive them off when they start asking really personal questions and posting photos of themselves when they were in their early 20s.

Archived