Gibson Brands Forums

An open plea to Homz

James Allen

Axe and Thunder usually drive them off when they start asking really personal questions and posting photos of themselves when they were in their early 20s.

And yet they still keep in touch with me afterward...

kooky huh ???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it looks like our friend Homz has gone. He deleted all his posts and threads.

Didn't mean to drive him off guys' date=' but he was starting to annoy the sh*t out of me. He never made much sense to me. All he did was post in the lounge--never once had a guitar-related question. [/quote']

LOL! I had no idea. I took him as sorta part of the furniture around here.

The only women we get around here are wives and girlfriends of gibson lovers. They usually want some advice on which guitars to buy their significant others for X-mas or their birthdays.

Cool. I have a birthday coming up in a few months, and hopefully my wife will be on here asking you guys what kind of LP to buy me. A few years ago I sold my old studio because I was working 100 hrs a week and never playing. This past year I was able to change professions and take up the guitar again.

If POOKIE comes on the forums asking about LPs, make sure you tell her an R9 is the way to go, guys! I'll owe you all greatly.

Oh, and Axe and Tgod have my permission to mess with her. She's fiesty and will definitely be able to hang with those guys.

Cool. I have a birthday coming up in a few months' date=' and hopefully my wife will be on here asking you guys what kind of LP to buy me. A few years ago I sold my old studio because I was working 100 hrs a week and never playing. This past year I was able to change professions and take up the guitar again.

If POOKIE comes on the forums asking about LPs, make sure you tell her an R9 is the way to go, guys! I'll owe you all greatly.

Oh, and Axe and Tgod have my permission to mess with her. She's fiesty and will definitely be able to hang with those guys.[/quote']

She was already here and we all recommended a daisy rock...Hope you enjoy it.

Cool. I have a birthday coming up in a few months' date=' and hopefully my wife will be on here asking you guys what kind of LP to buy me. A few years ago I sold my old studio because I was working 100 hrs a week and never playing. This past year I was able to change professions and take up the guitar again.

Oh, and Axe and Tgod have my permission to mess with her. She's fiesty and will definitely be able to hang with those guys.[/quote']

What did you say...a pink LP Goddess? Got it. Will do.

Homz' date=' there was a nasty rumor you'd left us. I was afraid we'd have no one to get us riled up. Someone actually said you'd converted to Conservatism and gone on a pilgramage to W. F. Buckley's grave.

Is it true?[/quote']

It was Ronald Regan's tomb and It didn't happen. I am just skipping work and tossing back a few whiskeys. I really was insulted by those that have the word blue in their names, but I'll get over it. Kinda wish I hadn't deleted all my posts. I was attempting to have the most posts without actually breaking 1k. But it backfired because all music related posts I have made were also wiped out. So I guess I need to reestablish myself as a vet.. Such is the way of life.

I like Homz

I wish he's hang around

I don't know what it is with the Gibson forums ,but there often seems to be alot of drama and people getting mad at other people over minor things.Pretty much all forums get drama from time to time ,but the Gibson forum has the most of any I have seen

Homz reminds me of Neoconman, only from the left. They both have some driven need to start controversy and inject politics into every discussion. They're both interesting, but I'm not that radical in either direction. And it does get old after a while on a guitar forum.

I thought at first you were looking for an LP record album since thats what your avatar looks like. In fact I was going to sell your wife my copy of Rory Gallaghar's "Against the Grain" LP to give you for your birthday. Bummer dude.

It did get pointless fast.

So tell me then Mr. Deep was it the pointless posts or the inflammatory ones that pissed you off the most? The only thing I've ever seen you comment on was the ones from the last couple of days. And even then you had to have a group of character assassins to lead the way for you. When shall we put your posts under the microscope.

This is the lounge. If my posts are not to your liking and you would prefer to talk about chamber music over a glass of bourbon then go find the 'bourbon drinking snooty *** hole forum'. And the same goes for Bluemoon or anyone else who thinks they have the right to dictate the direction of the posts.

I disagree, sometimes passionately with many people on this forum, but I never try to tell them they can't talk about certain things or try to censor them. You want to get me banned then go for it. I really don't care. And when you do and your sitting in here trying to figure out what strings you should put on your 30 year old ES-339 and discussing the finer points of a nitrocelulos finish just remember that's as good as it's going to get so long as you censor your members.

BTW. James Allen had it correct. My stupid little posts over the last two days did have a point. The most interesting thing to me was the people who actually got more pissed for saying nothing then the passionate pleas for social reform. I am obviously out numbered here and I don't expect the Calvary to come from around the bend at any moment, but it would be nice for some of you to stand up from time to time.

A couple of Points of Order: I was not drunk and I wasn't drinking when posting the stupid little posts like 'I Like Peanuts'. In truth the only time I drink is when I play music and only in moderation.

Next special point: Not that I really need to post my credentials, it isn't a requirement of the forum, but just so I can break it off in a certain persons ***, I will. I have been playing guitar since the age of 12 I am now 43. For all that time except the last 3 years I played acoustic. In 2007 I got a DesertBurst Gibson LP Standard. A few months later I purchased a 1st Run Limited Edition Robot. For the last 3 years I have read as much as I possibly could about guitars and especially Gibson guitars. I have been in many bands over the last 30 years, but never really got serious about them until the switch to electric 3 years ago. Currently my wife and I have a 5 piece garage band. We do classic rock covers. Although I played mostly rhythm for years I have become (out of necessity) a decent lead player. I continue to get better and will hopefully continue to do so.

No I don't have any interesting posts like others who have run "a certain green substance" across the Canadian border, but I hope some day to be nearly as interesting. eusa_clap.gif I hope I can make all you happy and I will continue to be as entertaining as possible.

Another special point: To you right wing Nazi's and you know who you are. Bite me.

How's that James.

Hes one of the reasons some of the originals and the regulars are leaving.

Its a shame. Its times like this I wish I were a mod. 2 warnings then .... bye bye!!

Since I am the type of person that like to judge human character, I fully expect this person to be the cowardly one who whines to the Gibson people about me. Come on deeppink do the deed. Let us see how big a pair you have. If not you I do have another in mind who I bet would love to be the Lounge censor.

BTW. James Allen had it correct. My stupid little posts over the last two days did have a point. The most interesting thing to me was the people who actually got more pissed for saying nothing then the passionate pleas for social reform. I am obviously out numbered here and I don't expect the Calvary to come from around the bend at any moment' date=' but it would be nice for some of you to stand up from time to time.

A couple of Points of Order: I was not drunk and I wasn't drinking when posting the stupid little posts like 'I Like Peanuts'. In truth the only time I drink is when I play music and only in moderation.

Next special point: Not that I really need to post my credentials, it isn't a requirement of the forum, but just so I can break it off in a certain persons ***, I will. I have been playing guitar since the age of 12 I am now 43. For all that time except the last 3 years I played acoustic. In 2007 I got a DesertBurst Gibson LP Standard. A few months later I purchased a 1st Run Limited Edition Robot. For the last 3 years I have read as much as I possibly could about guitars and especially Gibson guitars. I have been in many bands over the last 30 years, but never really got serious about them until the switch to electric 3 years ago. Currently my wife and I have a 5 piece garage band. We do classic rock covers. Although I played mostly rhythm for years I have become (out of necessity) a decent lead player. I continue to get better and will hopefully continue to do so.

No I don't have any interesting posts like others who have run "a certain green substance" across the Canadian border, but I hope some day to be nearly as interesting. =D> I hope I can make all you happy and I will continue to be as entertaining as possible.

Another special point: To you right wing Nazi's and you know who you are. Bite me.

[i']How's that James.[/i]

Nobody is trying to drive you off or censor you. Just trying to figure out why you were posting so many "stupid" little posts and then deleting them. It seems like strange behavior for a 43 year old.

(nursing) Homz...

Are you finished now?...Have you got it all off your chest? If it were just me who was tired of your pointless dribble then I wouldnt have much to say would I ?

But, there were alot of guys here who got tired of it. Not just me. I also noticed you pulled the threads. Did you sober out and become embarassed at the posts?...Honestly dude, it wasnt funny or even amusing.

Heres some advice...

When everyone you meet is an a-hole there comes a time when you should step back and realize....maybe its me!

As far as being a mod goes....we need policing here from time to time. When you get a dozen people telling you to knock it off and you keep going and going maybe its time to be sent to the naughty corner for a bit...you know, like a 5 year old child.

(nursing) Homz...

Are you finished now?...Have you got it all off your chest? If it were just me who was tired of your pointless dribble then I wouldnt have much to say would I ?

But' date=' there were alot of guys here who got tired of it. Not just me. I also noticed you pulled the threads. Did you sober out and become embarassed at the posts?...Honestly dude, it wasnt funny or even amusing.

Heres some advice...

When everyone you meet is an a-hole there comes a time when you should step back and realize....maybe its me!

As far as being a mod goes....we need policing here from time to time. When you get a dozen people telling you to knock it off and you keep going and going maybe its time to be sent to the naughty corner for a bit...you know, like a 5 year old child.[/quote']

I actually only counted about 3. Go whine to Gibson. Fight your own fights if you have the nads.

Archived