Gibson Brands Forums

Led zepellin fans. No Gibson. But holy moly

blindboygrunt

I had to adjust the screen brightness down, lower the lights, and put on the cans.

It's a wonderful thing when singer, song, and guitar are one. A guitar player's joy to watch the chord shapes up and down the neck (a tribute in itself of the musical creativity of Jimmy Page), and the deft workout the player put on that Martin. Thanks for sharing.

I put a link to the Youtube lesson on Shut Up And Play recently.

It really is mostly way easier than it looks if you follow the lesson and use the Jimmy P tuning, and it looks like ya know what you doin'

Unfortunately, Jimmy got the tuning off some long lost folky from.........the 60s, so not one other song in that tuning.

BluesKing777.

I put a link to the Youtube lesson on Shut Up And Play recently.

It really is mostly way easier than it looks if you follow the lesson and use the Jimmy P tuning, and it looks like ya know what you doin'

Unfortunately, Jimmy got the tuning off some long lost folky from.........the 60s, so not one other song in that tuning.

BluesKing777.

Here is the link to the Shut Up lesson- couldn't do it yesterday from my iPad..sorry.

It is mostly 2 finger chords in that tuning - way easier than it sounds - the open strings ringing out do the work for ya!

A beautiful thing! EA, that other one sounds horrible, may even sound like a band I was in once... [biggrin]

Bluesking777.

Give the man a chance. He wasnt that bad! ;)

Ah the summer of '73...

The folks can scatter me ashes to this ditty when I check out. Still !

The young man did a nice rendition.

Thanks for the share.

X

Archived