Gibson Brands Forums

Nashville is boring.

Homz

I have spent a fair amount of time in Nashville. I even played at the Blue Bird cafe' once many years ago. I really think from reading some of the posts over the last few days some of you will end up being disappointed if you plan a whole vacation around it. IMHO if your on a business trip then hitting the guitar stores and maybe a couple of the famous bars would be fun, but beyond that I don't see the attraction. It would be a fun 2 day stop on your way to the Gulf coast or something like that.

Just saying. But what do I know. I'm just a co-ed from State College who has a Daddy that plays guitar.

Unless you've got tickets to see the Opry, or a show at the old Ryman. But yeah, it ain't what it used to be since Opryland closed.

Does Mike Henderson still have his Monday night gig at the Blue Bird?

I was there this past summer for two days, during the NAMM show. The Broadway and 2nd Ave. district is full of bars you can poke your head into, and stay at the one that you think has the best band. You can only go into so many t-shirt shops. Earnest Tubb's Record Store is fun to look around, but the merch is waaaaaaaay overpriced.

I did decide that the downtown Hooters has THE PRETTIEST Hooters girls in the country for 2008!

Unless you've got tickets to see the Opry' date=' or a show at the old Ryman. But yeah, it ain't what it used to be since Opryland closed.

Does Mike Henderson still have his Monday night gig at the Blue Bird?

I was there this past summer for two days, during the NAMM show. The Broadway and 2nd Ave. district is full of bars you can poke your head into, and stay at the one that you think has the best band. You can only go into so many t-shirt shops. Earnest Tubb's Record Store is fun to look around, but the merch is waaaaaaaay overpriced.

I did decide that the downtown Hooters has THE PRETTIEST Hooters girls in the country for 2008![/quote']

I honestly don't know if he plays there or not. I do get the Blue Bird news letter, but it's probably been 2 years since I've actually read it. Next time I get one I will try to remember to look for Mike Henderson for you.

Last time I was in Nashville was about 2 years ago and the only thing that stood out to me as being a tiny bit cool (other then the guitar shops) was the NASCAR cafe'. Oh, I think I also did the Hooters and a couple of sleezy dancing girl bars.

Depending where you are coming from Nashville could be boring. If you come from a small town and love country music you will not get bored.

If are a more traveled person then 3 days max but if you do want to hit all the points of interest 4 to 5 days may be doable. If you are from NYC anything else could be boring.

Planning your trip is essential, I have traveled quite a bit and doing research before you go to a place pays off.

The Jack Daniels Distillery tour in Lynchburg is a must, it is a day trip, about 65 miles south of Nashville but worth it.

The Carnton Plantation in Franklin and it Civil War cemetery is 20 minutes from Nashville. The Stone Rivers Civil War cemetery In Murfreesboro is impressive, if you go to the Jack Daniels Distillery using country roads there are a ton of other Civil War Cemeteries.

Broadway is not all there is to the Nashville bar scene, a lot of people hang out on the area known as West End, bars, music venues, Music Row, etc. and leave Broadway for tourists.

There is more stuff but you have to scratch the surface...it is not a boring city to live in that's for sure

Depending where you are coming from Nashville could be boring. If you come from a small town and love country music you will not get bored.

If are a more traveled person then 3 days max but if you do want to hit all the points of interest 4 to 5 days may be doable. If you are from NYC anything else could be boring.

Planning your trip is essential' date=' I have traveled quite a bit and doing research before you go to a place pays off.

The Jack Daniels Distillery tour in Lynchburg is a must, it is a day trip, about 65 miles south of Nashville but worth it.

The Carnton Plantation in Franklin and it Civil War cemetery is 20 minutes from Nashville. The Stone Rivers Civil War cemetery In Murfreesboro is impressive, if you go to the Jack Daniels Distillery using country roads there are a ton of other Civil War Cemeteries.

Broadway is not all there is to the Nashville bar scene, a lot of people hang out on the area known as West End, bars, music venues, Music Row, etc. and leave Broadway for tourists.

There is more stuff but you have to scratch the surface...it is not a boring city to live in that's for sure

[/quote']

I don't doubt it would be cool to live in. Getting a steady flow of top musicians. I freely admit I am not a fan of modern country music. Perhaps that makes me a jaded source.

About one hour away up I-65 you have the Corvette plant and museum tour, an hour and a half you have the Mammouth Cave complex tour, Jack Daniels to the south and others. What I like about Nashville's night scene is meeting all the people who have an interest in music..all parts of it at the different clubs on and around the "Row". Other than the Opery Im not familiar as to how family friendly Nashville is. Im thinking a few days would cover it..then head down I-40 to Memphis!!

Coming from a guy that lives in Indiana........Priceless

It was an honest opinion. I would say the same about anyone who planed a vacation to Indianapolis. Once you go on the tour of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and perhaps Connor's Prairie Farm get back in your car and move on down the road.

+100. Lived here all my life and love it. Kid Rock, Taylor Hicks, Bo Bice, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Pickler, Amy Grant, Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, Taylor Swift... it's funny how many folks come here, LOVE IT, then move back and stay.

Come in the summer... hit Nashville Shores and the Wave pool. (unless you don't care for hot chicks in bikinis... ) Ever been to the Parthenon? Catch a race at Nashville Superspeedway.... or better yet, one of NASCAR's original short tracks, the Nashville Speedway at the Fairgrounds. Or catch Bonnaroo... a multiday music festival. HUGE party! They have even set up a tent where you could come in and play; they provided the instruments and amps!

Heck, there is stuff going on in this town all the time. Perhaps you have to live here to know about it, though....

Alternatively, post up that you'll be at The Gibson Showcase on such-and-such afternoon and all us forumites can come have a jam session!

It was an honest opinion. I would say the same about anyone who planed a vacation to Indianapolis. Once you go on the tour of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and perhaps Connor's Prairie Farm get back in your car and move on down the road.

Do people even take vacations to Indianapolis?

Whats Conners Prairie Farm?

It's a little farm town from the early 1800's. Blacksmith, School, Pottery, and other time period stuff. The people there stay in the time period. You go to the school and walk around to the recreated Conner family farm who was a prominent family of the time. It's cool for a while and the kids love it. During the summer they have the Indianapolis Symphony doing shows there called Symphony On the Prairie. I've seen them do the Mozart's Jupiter Symphony and a few other things. It's pretty cool. It is located north east of Indianapolis in the city of Noblesville.

My wife's parents live in Franklin (near Nashville) and they say that there are so many muscians there, the churches rotate the musicians through the different services, so they can give them all a chance to play, there are also apparently hundreds of places for live music off the beaten path where the wannabe music stars play on weekends. There is a lot of great food in and around the Nashville area, lots of good biscuits, gravy and other southern foods.

Yea, I'm gonna say Nashville might be boring to an auto worker.

But if you're an American musician interested in stringed instruments, the history of them, one of the greatist collections of which is in the Country Music Hall Of Fame, a few blocks from the Ryman, and Gruhns. R.C.A.'s Studio B, where you can feel the music in the walls. Tootsies. Printers Alley. Ernest Tubbs midnight jams.

Sheeze Homz.

What a stupid freakin' thread, even from you.

Go to Disneyworld.

Murph.

Yea' date=' I'm gonna say Nashville might be boring to an auto worker.

But if you're an American musician interested in stringed instruments, the history of them, one of the greatist collections of which is in the Country Music Hall Of Fame, a few blocks from the Ryman, and Gruhns. R.C.A.'s Studio B, where you can feel the music in the walls. Tootsies. Printers Alley. Ernest Tubbs midnight jams.

Sheeze Homz.

What a stupid freakin' thread, even from you.

Go to Disneyworld.

Murph.[/quote']

blow me!

Archived