Gibson Brands Forums

Playing position (sitting)

Super24

I'm a relatively new LP player. My LP is VERY confortable to play while standing but not while sitting. Am I the only one who feels this way? My other guitar is a Tele. When I know I will be sitting, like when I go to my lesson, I always bring the Tele. It's just feels better.

Am I the only one who feels this way? My other guitar is a Tele. When I know I will be sitting' date=' like when I go to my lesson, I always bring the Tele. It's just feels better. [/quote']

No, you are not the only one that feels that way, teles feel better all the time (either sitting down or standing up). Its just their nature.

Too much weight on the butt end (like some ladies) and it slides right off my lap if I really grab ahold of a note (like some ladies). I like playing my LPs sitting in the living room occasionally, but I do find they don't stay put real well. The Fenders seem to have a better wight distribution for seated playing IMO.

Too much weight on the butt end (like some ladies) and it slides right off my lap if I really grab ahold of a note (like some ladies). .

hahahaha real good!

I agree with the skinny boy who's Fender gets tucked up to far into him. I like the Les Paul's chubbiness in my arms. It feels more comfortable than a Tele, but I find the Strat's still a little more comfy when sitting or standing.

I agree that the LP is not real comfortable to play sitting down. My right shoulder gets sore because the guitar shifts so far over to the right. I also will rest it on the left leg sometimes to aleviate but that feels awkward to me too.

Too much weight on the butt end (like some ladies) and it slides right off my lap if I really grab ahold of a note (like some ladies). I like playing my LPs sitting in the living room occasionally' date=' but I do find they don't stay put real well. The Fenders seem to have a better weight distribution for seated playing IMO.[/quote']

i agree...i was getting irritated the past couple days since i don't plug it in as much and just play around with it strapless/cordless. kept sliding out and it was just uncomfortable on the right leg. left leg is more comfortable, but then again i don't feel like it should be on that leg haha...i guess i always picture that as a "classical guitar" type form, and not for what i want to do

I have an Epi LP and i don't enjoy it sitting down as much as my Strat or SG, but i do think it is easier to hit the first couple frets because of the position it sits in (versus the SG which is easier to hit the higher frets), but yeah like some of the other guys have said, a little to much back end, definitely better standing up

Archived