Gibson Brands Forums

Back To The Future Day.....

Murph

To me, it's more about what they got WRONG....

Capt. Kirk had flip phones and iPads in the 60's.

I want the flying cars, hoverboards, and of course......

The Cubs to win the World Series.........

<_<

Guest Farnsbarns

I'm not aware of anything they got perticularly right. Have I missed an entire side to this. Are we all just really negative in the UK? (Don't answer that, yes we are). The only commentary I've heard had been about hover boards and flying cars. They thought a lot would happen in 25 years didn't they.

To me, it's more about what they got WRONG....

Capt. Kirk had flip phones and iPads in the 60's.

I want the flying cars, hoverboards, and of course......

The Cubs to win the World Series.........

<_<

then again, Star Trek was supposed to have taken place in the 23rd century. flying cars would be cool but I'd settle for people being able to drive the cars we have now!

I don't really expect accuracy from funny films about time travel. I say the Marty McFly shredfest is one of the greatest guitar scenes in mainstream film. [thumbup]

Well the model of guitar he was using hadn't been released yet in the time period he supposedly got it from but aside from that it's ok :rolleyes:

Well the model of guitar he was using hadn't been released yet in the time period he supposedly got it from but aside from that it's ok :rolleyes:

I'd read something about this before but didn't want to just speculate. Thanks.

Yeah, and I've heard rumor there are guitar dorks who obsess over this type of thing. Besides he has a time machine! :rolleyes:

Was it not a Cherry Red ES 335 that Fox was playing?? Not only was the 335 not invented in 1955, it didn't come in red for a few more years even after it came out.

Doesn't stop me from wanting one, however.

Craig

Beaufort, SC

It was an ES-345(which wasn't introduced until 1959). I believe it is still owned by Norm of Norm's Rare Guitars. He loaned it to them for the film.

Archived