Gibson Brands Forums

LATEST album you bought

blindboygrunt

Hi Eminor 7th,

I do know the Karen Dalton LP, she was great. We have some others by her, too( I'd have to find them for the titles).

Dave

Sounds good - yea, she sings like a mix between B. Holiday and a controlled typhoon. Track 1 is timeless and could almost be a Lanois thing.

Richard Manuel's In a Station is excellent.

I think she made 1 before mine, , , but did they ever release more. .

Hi back to U

About a year ago I sold off my collection of record albums & turntable. Included in that group were gobs of Gordon Lightfoot LPs.

Even though I trashed Gordon a bit in that other thread for The Edmund Fitzgerald, I started singing the song Daylight Katy & couldn't get it out of my head.

I therefore was forced to purchase Endless Wire in CD format !

Alone in the Universe - ELO.

I relate to When I Was a Boy (all I wanted to do was play guitar).

This too is my latest CD purchase.

Love it.

I'm a lifelong Jeff Lynne fan, truth be told.

I still have all my vinyl LP's from the old days, and am fond of playing them in the music room, and playing guitar or bass along with them.

[tongue]

Don Henley's newest, "Cass County." I'm surprised such a gifted lyric writer used some cliche lines, such as "been there, don't that," but overall, it's excellent.

George Jones' "Hits I Missed And One I Didn't." I wore out my first copy, had to buy another one. Possibly the best country album ever. Recorded when he was in his 70s, I think it's easily his best vocal performance on record. It's so good, I wish he had done more like it during that time period. (Cover songs.)

Archived