Gibson Brands Forums

Deceptive Packaging......

Murph

So the 3 lb. coffee can shrank to 2 lbs. 2.5 oz.

Guess what?

It shrank AGAIN. I bought the one on the right a few weeks ago. The new one, on the left is now

1 lb., 13 oz.

I've noticed the "family size" Ruffles will now fit in my lunchbox.

100_2443_zpsxsyogoxy.jpg

I used liquid shower soap for years until I realized how much it was drying my skin. Maybe that's something to do with being 55 as well, but I recently switched back to Dial soap or similar. The bar is no longer rectangular, it's all carved and shaped into some artsy-fartsy shape. It still takes up the same amount of real estate on the shelf but clearly contains about 25% less material.

And Reese cups. Don't even get me started.

4 lb bagga sugah really chapped me. And, and this is no joke, we've used the same 1980 Tupperware container to hold sugar since, well, November of 1980. Over the years a 5 pound bag of sugar filled it less and less, until it was no longer too much sugar for that container. Mrs used to laugh at me until I finally showed her. Two years ago Domino went to 4 pound bags at 20 cents more and I swear, using our container, it is like half the volume of sugar than a 5 pound bag.

I can't even start with the egregious packaging crime. Every week at the store it is something else. Soon breakfast cereal will be sold by the piece.

rct

I used liquid shower soap for years until I realized how much it was drying my skin. Maybe that's something to do with being 55 as well, but I recently switched back to Dial soap or similar. The bar is no longer rectangular, it's all carved and shaped into some artsy-fartsy shape. It still takes up the same amount of real estate on the shelf but clearly contains about 25% less material.

And Reese cups. Don't even get me started.

Yep. Reese cups have been shrinking ...

Archived